ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CHILD PASSPORT WITH FATHER ON ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gm21

CHILD PASSPORT WITH FATHER ON ILR

Post by gm21 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:28 pm

GoodDay All,

I would like to apply for my child passport, some background
Father (ILR granted 06-06-12), Mother (Further Leaver to Remain till 06-06-14). I had a baby on 24th December. I want to apply for his passport do I have to send only my BRP or Passport as well? I have my ILR on BRP,
Also if I use Postoffice check and send, would they take copies and return me the original or they will send the original as well.

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi GM21

Congrats on the baby.You need to apply first for Registration certificate by using application form MN1 Form and once you got registration certificate,apply for British passport.

If you read FAQ in British citizenship section,you can find answers.

You can apply for Registration certificate either through NCS or by Post.

Regards
Jaffar

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:48 pm

You need to apply first for Registration certificate by using application form MN1 Form
Hold on! There is insufficient information to conclude that.

gm21, congratulations on the birth of your baby. For the avoidance of doubt, where was the child born? In the UK? Or outside the UK?

If in the UK, then no MN1 application needed, the baby was born British.

Has the birth been registered yet? You actually have a birth certificate for the baby?
John

gm21

Post by gm21 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi John,

Thanks for correction. Yes baby was born in Uk, For birth certificate I will go on Monday 31st December.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:09 pm

Thanks for that clarification. Have a look at Applying for a passport.

If you go to page 14 of that PDF, and look at Table A, I think you need to supply your passport, and as your ILR is not in your passport, also the evidence that you have ILR.

Also you clearly need to supply the baby's birth certificate. But your worst problem is getting an acceptable picture of the baby. I strongly suggest you use an experienced professional photographer to get a picture that is acceptable to the Passport Office.
John

jaffar
- thin ice -

Post by jaffar » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi John and GM21

Thank you for correcting me.I realised now that baby born after he got ILR.

Baby does not need Registrattion certificate.Just need Full Birth certificate.

Sorry about this.

Jaffar

boloney

Post by boloney » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:41 pm

John wrote: But your worst problem is getting an acceptable picture of the baby. I strongly suggest you use an experienced professional photographer to get a picture that is acceptable to the Passport Office.
I used to use Snappy Snaps for passport photos o my little ones. They maybe little more expensive but there was no issues with photos.

kavanspace

thanks it resolved my query

Post by kavanspace » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:10 am

Thanks, this has answered my query

gm21

Post by gm21 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi All, just filled in the passport form, there is section 8 which says additional information, in my situation do I have to fill anything in there?.
I am on ILR and my baby was born after my ILR.

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:09 pm

Additional information under your circumstance will be........................ well there won't be any additional information................. and when you do not have any additional information then you do not provide any additional information............actually you can't provide information when the information does not exist.......... :?