ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Sucess at Croydon 28 December

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shawinam

ILR Sucess at Croydon 28 December

Post by shawinam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:34 am

Hi all
I have granted Ilr just now at croydon including 3 dependan.
My appointment was at 8.00 .We reach 7.15 but allowed inside at 7.30.
Initial check at ground floor then directed to first floor for payment.
.after succesful payment one asian lady took our passports application form then she entered some details.after that Biometric done.
9.00 our token number called,caseworker was a middle age lady she told me give your all documents except your token number.I asked her do you need photocopies she said yes.
Then she told me to sit in the waiting area,if she need she will call me.
After 20 minutes yes at sharp 9.20 she called me and return all the documents.She said THAT'S IT..your ILR is approved and your Biometric cards will follow shorty.
I couldn't believe it,I ask her again is ilr granted she smile and pointed out me the Approval letter.
I thanks her.
Documents submitted
1.Passports,photos
2.Life in the uk
3.12 months payslips,12 months bank statement.
4.P60s letter from Hmrc
5.Employer letter(though I'm on tier1) not neccesiry.
6.Earning table for last 12 months.
That's it. Case worker didn't even look at my payslips and bank statements because I folded each payslips with the bank statements and I clipped all together and I can see from the window she didn't even touch that folder.
Absences:I don't have any single absenses,I never travel outside uk since march 2007.
Thanks all any one need any information please feel free.

And thanks a lot for this forum.
ShawInam.
Last edited by shawinam on Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:08 pm

It's strange that she didn't look at your payslips or bank statements if thats what you used to claim points for previous earnings. Which immigration category did you apply under? Your case must have been quite straight forward (& unsual for the caseworker) with no absences.

Congrat's and good to know it was a relatively quick approval - all done in 2 hours.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stokbrig

Post by stokbrig » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:10 pm

''In 2005, a report by the South London Citizens enquiry into service provision by the Immigration and Nationality Directorate found that "It was perceived that minimum standards of comfort afforded to British citizens do not apply to migrants waiting for services at Lunar House. Areas of immediate concern include the quality of facilities for applicants, the quality and fairness of transactions, the quality of IT and record keeping and the working conditions of staff.''

How did you find Croydon today?

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:31 pm

Congrats.
Not even a single absence! maybe thas the reason the cw just gave u the ILR :-)

Can you let me know when did you get the UKBA reminder text to your mobile? is it the morning of the appt or the 2-3 days before. When do we usually receive it?

shawinam

Post by shawinam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:59 pm

t0mmy wrote:Congrats.
Not even a single absence! maybe thas the reason the cw just gave u the ILR :-)

Can you let me know when did you get the UKBA reminder text to your mobile? is it the morning of the appt or the 2-3 days before. When do we usually receive it?
Thanks mate
I received text yesterday morning 9:58 (27/12/12)

shawinam

Post by shawinam » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:21 pm

cs95tdg wrote:It's strange that she didn't look at your payslips or bank statements if thats what you used to claim points for previous earnings. Which immigration category did you apply under? Your case must have been quite straight forward (& unsual for the caseworker) with no absences.

Congrat's and good to know it was a relatively quick approval - all done in 2 hours.
Thanks
My application is very straight forward.I work for one employer and never had any criminal convictions..

Though she had a glance at one or two photocopies of my pay slips and statements.at the end I am very happy about the result.
Thanks