ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need help on Q. 11L form SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sashuk
Newly Registered

Need help on Q. 11L form SET(O)

Post by sashuk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:45 am

Dear all,

Could you please advise me what kind of docs I need to provide on Q.11L of the form SET(O)?
There is written:
11L. Tier 1 (General) migrant If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK made up of leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant and leave as a highly skilled migrant, work permit holder, innovator, self-employed lawyer or writer, composer or artist, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following documents:
- Evidence specified in section 9A of this form
- For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules.

I entered to the UK as a WP holder and than I switched to a Tier 1 (General). What kind of documents should I provide to show that I met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules for that period?
Thank you very much for your time and support!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Please refer to a similar story

It is advisable to have P60s as that is the easiest way to provide evidence of your economic activity (HSMP/Tier 1G) or that your employment was in line with WP/CoS issued (WP/Tier 2). If you do not have P60s, then you can call HMRC and they can send you a letter showing your tax history and income for last 5 years. Usually the HMRC letter arrives within 2 weeks.
Alternatively, one may use payslips covering the period for which P60(s) is missing.
Do note that some caseworkers ask for P60s for all the five years and some don't. No one can tell you whether or not your caseworker will ask for them (and how many), so the best suggestion is - be prepared for the worst and hope for the best!
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sashuk
Newly Registered

Post by sashuk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:33 pm

Dear Damanisshallo,
Thank you very much indeed!
I thought that I need to show not only P60. The sentence "For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules." confuses me. I understand that as I need to show docs that prove I got a WP according to the immigration rules. Or should it be treated as showing the docs that met requirements of the ILR rules according to my previous status (WP holder)? So here I need to demonstrate my economic activity and therefore P60s are the best.
Also, a question according P60s. Last two forms were issued as an online statement. I hope it should be fine if my employer (HR department) will stamp and sign it?
Thank you all for sharing your experince!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:29 pm

It should be fine. However, I'd suggest you to get them on company letter head as well.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

sashuk
Newly Registered

Post by sashuk » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Dear Damanisshallo,
Thank you very much for your advice!

Infobuddy
Newly Registered

ILR.............Q.11L. Tier 1 (General)

Post by Infobuddy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:33 pm

Dear All,

I need some more clarification on above Q.11 evidence docs required.
I am applying for ILR. Currently, I am on Tier 1 but before that I was on HSMP. Some friends suggest to show P60 but my concern is that P60 taxable income would be different to one i have shown in my previous application.

My understanding is also that they are asking for last 12 months bank statements which I have submitted for extension (from HSMP to Tier 1 general application)?????/

Is there any other docs i can show instead???

Awaiting for your quick reply. Many Thanks
Last edited by Infobuddy on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:54 pm

The last part of section 11L states :" For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules"

My understanding of this is that you need to resubmit all documents that were submitted during your previous Tier 1 General application i.e. payslips, bank statements etc.

Can one of the senior members please clarify this?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:18 pm

Bildor wrote:The last part of section 11L states :" For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules"

My understanding of this is that you need to resubmit all documents that were submitted during your previous Tier 1 General application i.e. payslips, bank statements etc.
This is not required. I.e. because the UKBA will already have your past immigration records with them. In your case you have not even switched immigration categories, i.e. everyone who had leave to remain under HSMP subsequently extended there leave as a Tier 1G Migrant, so IMHO taking your P60's or a HMRC statement covering the 5 years should be sufficient. I.e. it will prove that you were economically active during your residence. If you are still uneasy, a letter from your employer(s) may be another document you could show, but I'd say this is not required.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: ILR.............Q.11L. Tier 1 (General)

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Infobuddy wrote:Is there any other docs i can show instead???
it is quite easy to get an accepted replacement. All you need to do is write to your employer and ask for a ‘statement of earnings’ on company headed paper for the years that you worked for them. A statement of earnings is considered an acceptable replacement for a P60.

Your employer is required by law to provide this information and even the Inland Revenue will accept it if you are applying for a tax refund
Skydrives, Templates

Infobuddy
Newly Registered

accepted replacement

Post by Infobuddy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:40 pm

Hi Damanisshallo, Thanks for your suggestion & quick reply.

I was on HSMP(02 Yrs) & had extension on Tier 1 General(03 Yrs). In extension i have shown employment + self employment earnings.

From Last 4 years i am with my current employer, Would last 04 years statement of earning would be enough? what would be the format of statement of earnings?

what docs do i need for self-emp earnings?

Thanks Again!

Bildor

Post by Bildor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:50 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Bildor wrote:The last part of section 11L states :" For the period before you were granted leave as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, documents showing that you met the relevant requirements of the immigration rules"

This is not required. I.e. because the UKBA will already have your past immigration records with them. In your case you have not even switched immigration categories, i.e. everyone who had leave to remain under HSMP subsequently extended there leave as a Tier 1G Migrant, so IMHO taking your P60's or a HMRC statement covering the 5 years should be sufficient. I.e. it will prove that you were economically active during your residence. If you are still uneasy, a letter from your employer(s) may be another document you could show, but I'd say this is not required.
thanks for that.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: accepted replacement

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Infobuddy wrote: what would be the format of statement of earnings?
You can request for "statement of earnings" template from templateletter@taxfix.co.uk
Skydrives, Templates

Infobuddy
Newly Registered

ILR SET(O) - Section 6 Immigration History Q. 6.1 & 6.2

Post by Infobuddy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:50 pm

Thanks for your reply.

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of
the period of stay on which this application is based.

Would it be date of my first entry in the UK or the date before i got extension for Tier 1G from HSMP?

6.2 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

Do I have to mention all the absences since I am in the UK or the only last 5 years?

6.3 what evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

I am on Tier 1G, do i need to provide any evidence if yes so what kind of document?

Please help!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: ILR SET(O) - Section 6 Immigration History Q. 6.1 &

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:16 pm

Infobuddy wrote:Thanks for your reply.

6.1 When did you (the main applicant) first enter the UK? This
refers to the date of your first entry into the UK at the beginning of
the period of stay on which this application is based.

Would it be date of my first entry in the UK or the date before i got extension for Tier 1G from HSMP?

6.2 Since then have you had any absences from the UK? If yes, give the dates you left and returned to the UK and the reason for the absence in the spaces below. List all absences however short and in date order. If you need more space, continue on a separate sheet and enclose it with your application.

Do I have to mention all the absences since I am in the UK or the only last 5 years?

6.3 what evidence has been provided to support the reasons for all absences from the UK?

I am on Tier 1G, do i need to provide any evidence if yes so what kind of document?

Please help!
1) It's the date when your ILR residency began. I.e. in your case I believe this would be the date your HSMP was stamped.
2) Only those absences during your 5 year ILR residence period.
3) For Tier 1 G evidence is only required if you had absences which were due to serious or compelling compassionate reasons. Annual leave and business related absences do not require employer letters or evidence.