ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

My visa extension (Tier 4) takes about 9 months! Any advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

windsor83
Newly Registered

My visa extension (Tier 4) takes about 9 months! Any advice

Post by windsor83 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:09 pm

Service used: University Batch System
Date of submission: 28/03/2012
Date received by HO: 29/03/2012
Date of Bio Matric letter: 12/04/2012
Date of Bio Matrics Done: 14/04/2012 (Post Office)
Date of receipt of documents : Still waiting
Date of receipt of Bio Matric Card : Still waiting

I have applied to extend my student visa (Tier 4) on 28/03/2012. I supplied my biometric data including my fingerprints on 14th April (2012). It’s been about nine months now as I have not heard anything further from the UKBA regarding the status of my application till now.

My local MP has been in contact with BAUK through, and they said that my file case is currently the subject of a number of checks that must be made before the case can be decided, including some with authorities outside of the UKBA, and these external enquiries can take some time to complete??!!

Any idea or advice please?

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: My visa extension (Tier 4) takes about 9 months! Any adv

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:17 pm

windsor83 wrote:Service used: University Batch System
Date of submission: 28/03/2012
Date received by HO: 29/03/2012
Date of Bio Matric letter: 12/04/2012
Date of Bio Matrics Done: 14/04/2012 (Post Office)
Date of receipt of documents : Still waiting
Date of receipt of Bio Matric Card : Still waiting

I have applied to extend my student visa (Tier 4) on 28/03/2012. I supplied my biometric data including my fingerprints on 14th April (2012). It’s been about nine months now as I have not heard anything further from the UKBA regarding the status of my application till now.

My local MP has been in contact with BAUK through, and they said that my file case is currently the subject of a number of checks that must be made before the case can be decided, including some with authorities outside of the UKBA, and these external enquiries can take some time to complete??!!

Any idea or advice please?
@Windsor83,

If your application has been selected for extended checks, then nothing can be done to expedite the application.

UKBA randomly select cases for extended checks. And once the outcome of these checks are known, a decision will be made on your application.

Nothing to worry about.

Happened with me 3 years ago, when it took HO 9 months and 17 days to decide, I have even seen longer times(11 months).
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

windsor83
Newly Registered

Re: My visa extension (Tier 4) takes about 9 months! Any adv

Post by windsor83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks very much ...