ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Fee for issuing a letter by acct?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Tier1extn001

Fee for issuing a letter by acct?

Post by Tier1extn001 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:59 pm

Guys

My accountant is asking for 100 pounds fee for issuing me a letter confirming my income from the business for visa purpose.Is this a normal fee asked by accts in UK?

thanks

Tier1extn001

Post by Tier1extn001 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:02 pm

hello all - anyone? i have been paying him fees every month for managing my account of my business that I ran for just 3 months and which is now dormant - is this fee that he is asking is fair to do this?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm

Tier1extn001 wrote:i have been paying him fees every month for managing my account
Yes, but now you are asking for additional services that were not part of his original contract. I assume that,similar to you, he is running a business and charges fees for services rendered. I think 100 is the least one could expect to pay and I've seen posts where people have paid much more. What planet are you from where everyone works for free?

Tier1extn001

Post by Tier1extn001 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:25 pm

hi mate - no I understand there will be a fee to everything else the acct does apart from contracted but just wanted to double check if the fee he is quoting is a normal rate and not charging me more (or if at all accountants have asked for a fee to do this from other members in this forum to issue such letter, I can find another acct then...thanks