ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Baby passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

keepsim

Baby passport

Post by keepsim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:03 am

hi

my baby was born in jun 2012 in UK and have birth certificate. I got my ILR today , I wanted to find out do I have to apply MN1 [citizenship] or can I straight away apply for his passport ?

apologies for my ignorance on this topic.

regarsd

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Re: Baby passport

Post by sarvo_uk » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:03 am

keepsim wrote:hi

my baby was born in jun 2012 in UK and have birth certificate. I got my ILR today , I wanted to find out do I have to apply MN1 [citizenship] or can I straight away apply for his passport ?

regarsd
Mn1 for you. Check guidelines

Section 1 (3)
A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.

keepsim

Re: Baby passport

Post by keepsim » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:21 am

sarvo_uk wrote:
keepsim wrote:hi

regarsd
Mn1 for you. Check guidelines

Section 1 (3)
A child born in the UK whose parents are not British citizens and were not settled in the UK (see page 6) will have an entitlement to register when their parents become settled in the UK or become British citizens.
thanks

So that would mean shedding another £ 551?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:58 am

That is right, the fee for a form MN1 is currently £551, but the fee can be expected to go up again in say April.
John