ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entrepreneur Visa from Pakistan - Fund Requirements

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

generaltier1

Entrepreneur Visa from Pakistan - Fund Requirements

Post by generaltier1 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:54 am

Hi all,

My friend was a student in the UK at proper University. Recently her extension was refused and her appeal is under consideration. Meanwhile her degree also completed, hence she has finished her studies.

Now she wants to apply for entrepreneur visa - Tier 1.

Can anyone please advise how much funds does she need to show?

As per our understanding of the UKBA website, a student needs to show £50k atleast. However, we are confused because if someone leaves UK and applies from the Home country (as per new rules) they will no more be a student. So will it be £50,000 or £200,000 which she needs to invest in the UK?

Further, can someone please also specify what is a venture capital firm?

Appreciate prompt replies.

Thanks in advance.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:11 am

Hi
She can not switch from tier 4 student to tier 1 entrepreneur in UK. Therefore, she will need to go back home and apply for entry clearance i.e. new visa.

Also, she will need to show £200k as potential investment.

regards

butt4all
Newly Registered

Post by butt4all » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:20 am

Hi my friend
She can apply from uk if she use 50000 from a spicifick source
For this u have to read policy gudience
Good luck

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:42 pm

butt4all wrote:Hi my friend
She can apply from uk if she use 50000 from a spicifick source
For this u have to read policy gudience
Good luck
I am aware that she can apply from UK but I was been realistic. Ye if she have some extra special business and academic abilities, links and contact then she can apply in UK with access to £50000, here is quote from policy guidelines:

33. You or the entrepreneurial team must have access to £50,000 or more from:
(i) one or more registered venture capital firms regulated by the Financial Services Authority;
(ii) one or more UK entrepreneurial seed funding competitions which is listed as endorsed on
the UK Trade & Investment website; or
(iii) one or more UK Government Departments or Devolved Government Departments in
Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland, which is made available by the Department(s) for the
specific purpose of establishing or expanding a UK business.