ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport not stamped on arrival

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

safdar750
Newly Registered

Passport not stamped on arrival

Post by safdar750 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:45 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for ILR. i remember in 2004 when i come back from my home country to UK, immigration officer did go through the procedure of checking the visa thing but did not stamp the passport with the arrival date.

Since I am filling up the form, Exit stamp from my home country is displayed but not the arrival one.

Can anybody tell me if its really matter as I believe they must have my detail of arrival especially in relation to the landing card.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 pm

Safdar750 ,UKBA will have all the information regarding your Landing Cards. As long as you give the correct Dates of Exit/Entry ,From/To UK,then it should be alright.

Your Employer's LEAVE letter should support your dates of absence from UK.

safdar750
Newly Registered

Post by safdar750 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:28 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I was on student visa at that time and was not working. Have to rely on landing card info they have already with them.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:21 pm

sfdar 750,if your passport has been stamped with the Exit date in your Home country,you only have to add a day(if a overnight flight) or write the same date,as Exit date(if a day flight),to compute your Date of Entry in to UK.

That's what I am going to do,when filling up My SET O form.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Passport not stamped on arrival

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:52 am

safdar750 wrote:Hi,

I am due to apply for ILR. i remember in 2004 when i come back from my home country to UK, immigration officer did go through the procedure of checking the visa thing but did not stamp the passport with the arrival date.

Since I am filling up the form, Exit stamp from my home country is displayed but not the arrival one.

Can anybody tell me if its really matter as I believe they must have my detail of arrival especially in relation to the landing card.
What is your application cagetory? 10 yr (long residence) or 5 yr (T1, T2, WP, etc)?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.