ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switching from T4 to T2 after 6 months from the degree award

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

windsor83
Newly Registered

switching from T4 to T2 after 6 months from the degree award

Post by windsor83 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi All,

I have a job offer for July 2013, and I will apply for switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 on July 2013.

My research study (PhD) has been already finished and I got the degree certificate today (28/12/2012). My Tier 4 visa will be expired on November 2013.

Do anybody know if it’s possible to apply for switching from Tier 4 to Tier 2 after six months from the date of the degree award. I cannot apply now because I have not received the sponsorship certificate from the company, also I will need to back home on January 2013 in order to work for my local sponsor for six months then come back to the UK and start my new job here on July 2013, and then apply for switching.

This means I will stay on my Tier 4 visa for 6 – 7 months after completing my degree?

Any advice or help please?

Jeeves

Post by Jeeves » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:33 pm

I can think of a few potential problems. Firstly, your university is obliged to tell the UKBA that you've finished the course - that will lead to UKBA curtailing your visa, so you might not be able to stay until July.

Secondly, if you re-entering the UK in the manner described you may have issue there too - you would be entering the UK for a purpose other study, so even if your visa hadn't been curtailed you might still be denied entry.

You might want to go down the Restricted Certificate route and apply for Entry Clearance instead.

windsor83
Newly Registered

Post by windsor83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:33 pm

Thanks very much ....