ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PBS Dependent visa ext & period of stay

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajgan
Newly Registered

Tier 1 PBS Dependent visa ext & period of stay

Post by rajgan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi
I would like to clarify my understanding on current rule change Oct 2012 / 13th December 2012.

I am eligible for ILR this feb and my wife came to UK in Aug 2012..
(She got her visa on after 9th July )..

So when I was researching whether I can immediately apply for FLR-M on same day of my PEO appointment.

To my surprise i found i can extend her stay as PBS dependent under new form which is came to effect after 13th Dec 2012

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -pbs-forms

So I spoke to Home office helpline and they said I can extend her stay as PBS dependent and she can apply for ILR after 2 years even though she applied and got her visa after 9th July..

They also said if I applied for FLR(M) then she has to complete 5 years to get ILR..

Now I am 100% confident I can apply my wife's visa in this route but would like to know if anyone has already applied or come across this situation before..Also correct me if I am wrong...

if yes can you please share your experience with us ASAP...

Cheers