ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU husband and father in Spain:visa requirement & ri

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cindycs
Newly Registered

Non-EU husband and father in Spain:visa requirement & ri

Post by cindycs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:44 pm

I met my partner in India last year and we have just had a child together in the UK. He is currently visiting on a tourist visa and will go back to India in February. We will then apply for a visa for marriage purposes to come to England and marry with my family present as soon as possible. We do not wish to stay in England, but want to go to Spain with our child for the summer of 2013 as I have work lined up there. I am freelance and currently self-employed in England but will register as self employed in Spain when we get there.

Our questions are these:
1. Will he need to have a visa for Spain organised before he comes to England for marriage? If so, which visa?

2. Does he have the right to work in Spain as my husband and the father of an EU child?

Thank you very much.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Non-EU husband and father in Spain:visa requirement &

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:33 pm

cindycs wrote:
Our questions are these:
1. Will he need to have a visa for Spain organised before he comes to England for marriage? If so, which visa?

2. Does he have the right to work in Spain as my husband and the father of an EU child?

Thank you very much.
1. Yes, he will need a visa. It will be easier to apply as the spouse of an EU partner. (It is also possible to apply as durable partner).
2. If you reside in Spain in accordance with the terms of the directive (self-employed is fine), then your husband would have the right to work.

You could do well to familarise yourself with this.

http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/ ... 152_en.htm

cindycs
Newly Registered

Post by cindycs » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Thank you for your quick response.

Can we apply for his Spanish visa (spouse of EU person) from England then?

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 am

cindycs wrote:Thank you for your quick response.

Can we apply for his Spanish visa (spouse of EU person) from England then?
In theory, yes. You may find that the Spanish embassy are a little less helpful than you might like them to be. They may expect your husband to apply at his country of residence for example. You could argue that this is unnecessary and diproportionate.

You may find that you need to have your marriage certificate translated and legalised before applying for the residence card in Spain (and possibly the visa). These can all be done, but best to start looking into this now.