ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal Allowed Visa Stamped Timings - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ImmyA
Newly Registered

Re: British High Commission - Islamabad, Pakistan

Post by ImmyA » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm

zully wrote:
ImmyA wrote:Does anybody have a contact telephone number for: British High Commission - Islamabad, Pakistan?
Email address only if you look a few thread up prince has sent it to me. Hope it helps. They only respond to email.
Thanks sully, i sent them an email, last week on the following address: visaenquiries.islamabad@fco.gov.uk

I am expecting a standard non-helping kind of response. Have you had any luck in getting any useful information from them?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 pm

zully wrote:
ImmyA wrote:Does anybody have a contact telephone number for: British High Commission - Islamabad, Pakistan?
Email address only if you look a few thread up prince has sent it to me. Hope it helps. They only respond to email.
Prince and I had roughly about the same deadlines... We both sent email and his response was that his bundle is on its way back to AIT. And mine came back as they are still looking into it.... So basically I don't understand but they haven't sent anything back for me even tho the court has requested it. I'm still getting my stuff ready for court. And sending my case to the home office rep... So lets see what happens....
application @ ISL 13/01/2012
returned 30/03/2012 Refused app
applied for appeal in uk 19/04/12
deadline given 05/11/2012
Court date: 10 jan 2013
call letter: 08/03/2013
visa stamped?

Awaiting :(
Newly Registered

Post by Awaiting :( » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:06 pm

[quote="zully"][quote="zully"][quote="ImmyA"]Does anybody have a contact telephone number for: British High Commission - Islamabad, Pakistan?[/quote]

Email address only if you look a few thread up prince has sent it to me. Hope it helps. They only respond to email.[/quote]

Prince and I had roughly about the same deadlines... We both sent email and his response was that his bundle is on its way back to AIT. And mine came back as they are still looking into it.... So basically I don't understand but they haven't sent anything back for me even tho the court has requested it. I'm still getting my stuff ready for court. And sending my case to the home office rep... So lets see what happens....[/quote]

Call the immigration and asylum chambers. Get on their backs as they have written to you with the date of 5 November. Ask them what they doing about it?
Have they given u a court date? It's over a month since your deadline!!! This is just stupid now!

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:16 pm

Awaiting :( wrote:
zully wrote:
zully wrote:
Prince and I had roughly about the same deadlines... We both sent email and his response was that his bundle is on its way back to AIT. And mine came back as they are still looking into it.... So basically I don't understand but they haven't sent anything back for me even tho the court has requested it. I'm still getting my stuff ready for court. And sending my case to the home office rep... So lets see what happens....
Call the immigration and asylum chambers. Get on their backs as they have written to you with the date of 5 November. Ask them what they doing about it?
Have they given u a court date? It's over a month since your deadline!!! This is just stupid now!
I got a court date... I just haven't had my papers back from bhc that's all. My solicitor is now taking over n will be putting in my case to the ECM hoping that they are still looking into my case then get it over turned. He will also be sending a copy to the home office rep... If that fails then its fine as I have the court case...
visa stamped?

prince007

Post by prince007 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:54 am

its best to wait, theres no point in chasing the tribunals as they can do anything other than giving you updates, if the case is still in ISB then yes you can chase them as of whats happening with the case they normally give some sorta idea, Hope you all get Sabr i know its hard just try and keep remembering Allah Swt.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:52 am

prince007 wrote:its best to wait, theres no point in chasing the tribunals as they can do anything other than giving you updates, if the case is still in ISB then yes you can chase them as of whats happening with the case they normally give some sorta idea, Hope you all get Sabr i know its hard just try and keep remembering Allah Swt.
I am not going to do anything, just ket the solicitor do his job. im beyond worrying i know its coming to an end now. slowly but surely, time passes bu im going back to work so time will go fast.

i just hope we win then or call letters come quick aswell as the passport is returned with in weeks instead of months... we have waited patiently enough
visa stamped?

ImmyA
Newly Registered

Post by ImmyA » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:07 pm

prince007 wrote:its best to wait, theres no point in chasing the tribunals as they can do anything other than giving you updates, if the case is still in ISB then yes you can chase them as of whats happening with the case they normally give some sorta idea, Hope you all get Sabr i know its hard just try and keep remembering Allah Swt.
Prince; why was your visa rejected and where abouts are you in the appea process, i am assuming you have a court date and just waiting for the day of the hearing?

prince007

Post by prince007 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:02 am

@ Zully yep best to wait well lol thats what wer doing nyway i should say enough of stressing just wait patiently and do what you got to do and keep remembering Allah Swt As everything is in his hands.

@ Immya refusal was over work and yeh got a court date hope everything goes well, Remeber me in Ur Dua's brother.

May Allah Swt Give us all success Ameen.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 am

zully wrote:I am not going to do anything, just ket the solicitor do his job.
Why did you opt for a Solicitor with such an easy case?

I will state for the others, if you have an easy case, ie. 1 or 2 very easy points which were a mistake by the ECM, then you are best off appealling yourself and toning the grounds of appeal nicely.

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:46 am

king2be98 wrote:
zully wrote:I am not going to do anything, just ket the solicitor do his job.
Why did you opt for a Solicitor with such an easy case?

I will state for the others, if you have an easy case, ie. 1 or 2 very easy points which were a mistake by the ECM, then you are best off appealling yourself and toning the grounds of appeal nicely.
I took my case to the solicitors because I did do my appeal and obviously they didn't read it... I just felt that even that it was easy I got this feeling alot ôf my hubby's history may be the cause if rejection so I got solicitors involved. Maybe he can write a better and stronger case for me starting with all my hubby's history initially, I judged it right so my dad said to pay them and make sure if it goes court we got a good barrister, he knows I'm not very good at fighting like that.
visa stamped?

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:14 am

Hi all,

My wife applied for her (settlement) visa on 26 Sept 2012 and received refusal notice on 23rd November 2012. Reason for refusal was that as I had moved jobs recently, the requirement is for 12 months of payslips and bank statements but I provided 6 months unknowingly.

I put together all of the listed evidence (my gross annual income is comfortably more than the required minimum) and also submitted a covering letter.

I have submitted the appeal online and sent off the supporting evidence earlier this week.

From what I understand, it will take 3-4 weeks for the pack to reach Islamabad. Then it is up to the ECM to review.

I was really hoping that with it being quite a simple and straight forward appeal with overwhelming proof that the point at issue is resolved, the ECM review could be turned around quickly but having read through 20 odd pages of this thread makes me less optimistic now.

I know they seem to be processing visas quicker now so really hope they can have a look at the appeal.

P.S.: Thanks to zully for the advice over PM.

Timeline:
Visa Application - 26/09/12
Refusal Notice received - 23/11/12
Appeal submitted - 11/12/12

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 am

r4sh1d wrote:Hi all,

My wife applied for her (settlement) visa on 26 Sept 2012 and received refusal notice on 23rd November 2012. Reason for refusal was that as I had moved jobs recently, the requirement is for 12 months of payslips and bank statements but I provided 6 months unknowingly.

I put together all of the listed evidence (my gross annual income is comfortably more than the required minimum) and also submitted a covering letter.

I have submitted the appeal online and sent off the supporting evidence earlier this week.

From what I understand, it will take 3-4 weeks for the pack to reach Islamabad. Then it is up to the ECM to review.

I was really hoping that with it being quite a simple and straight forward appeal with overwhelming proof that the point at issue is resolved, the ECM review could be turned around quickly but having read through 20 odd pages of this thread makes me less optimistic now.

I know they seem to be processing visas quicker now so really hope they can have a look at the appeal.

P.S.: Thanks to zully for the advice over PM.

Timeline:
Visa Application - 26/09/12
Refusal Notice received - 23/11/12
Appeal submitted - 11/12/12

As long as you made the payment, you have to wait for them t take the money out an dalso put it wil you appeal. i know they are 7 weeks behind at the moment, but some times doing it online is quicker and you may get a response quick. juat wait for the letter they will give you a 19 weeks notice. Not to sound harsh most peoples case are staight forward so don't think theywill just turn it around in weeks
on the plus side most of these spouse applications are done now, and they must be getting quieter at the embassy so maybe your case will get a looking at.
My case hasnt been looked at or sent back they just put mine aside because of all them applications so i have had to wait 7 months for my appeal to be heard....
hopefully they dont change anything else, and then theres another marriage boom...
visa stamped?

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Visa Appeal Processing Times

Post by HaroonAli » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Good Afternoon Guys. Hope you are well. Sorry I have not been in touch since the refusal of my wife's visa on 7th Novemeber 2012 as had to urgently come back from Pakistan and get everything organised for the appeal and everything absolutley a living nightmare. Now 4th year of marriage started before it was the age law and now when you eventually apply they refuse it.

Anyway I appointed a lawyer who charged me £750.00 and then on top of that £140.00 for the Tribunal fees I think which I have now all paid. Seems a bit excessive I think for providing just some evidence. The problem is I am wanting to go to Pakistan to stay with my wife until this is sorted as I do not really care now.

Can anyone answer me the following questions as I have not had time to catch up on the FB group or any other forums so it would be much appreciated.

1. My lawyer is confident the 80% decision should be overturned. How long can this take?
2. Are they overturning decisions?
3. Lawyer submitted appeal by Fax on 5th December 2012 but my bank has still not shown £140.00 being taken out.
4. Does anyone know when approx my wife will get visa just approx date as I am wanting to go to Pakistan ASAP.

To be honest absolutley fed up with this S*** as pretty stupid UKBA refusing visa's for daft reason and not checking up on things such as contacting employer or landlord or council to verify things.

I hope to hear back soon from you guys.

Have a good day.

Thanks

Haroon Ali

zully
Member of Standing

Re: Visa Appeal Processing Times

Post by zully » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:13 pm

HaroonAli wrote:Good Afternoon Guys. Hope you are well. Sorry I have not been in touch since the refusal of my wife's visa on 7th Novemeber 2012 as had to urgently come back from Pakistan and get everything organised for the appeal and everything absolutley a living nightmare. Now 4th year of marriage started before it was the age law and now when you eventually apply they refuse it.

Anyway I appointed a lawyer who charged me £750.00 and then on top of that £140.00 for the Tribunal fees I think which I have now all paid. Seems a bit excessive I think for providing just some evidence. The problem is I am wanting to go to Pakistan to stay with my wife until this is sorted as I do not really care now.

Can anyone answer me the following questions as I have not had time to catch up on the FB group or any other forums so it would be much appreciated.

1. My lawyer is confident the 80% decision should be overturned. How long can this take?
2. Are they overturning decisions?
3. Lawyer submitted appeal by Fax on 5th December 2012 but my bank has still not shown £140.00 being taken out.
4. Does anyone know when approx my wife will get visa just approx date as I am wanting to go to Pakistan ASAP.

To be honest absolutley fed up with this S*** as pretty stupid UKBA refusing visa's for daft reason and not checking up on things such as contacting employer or landlord or council to verify things.

I hope to hear back soon from you guys.

Have a good day.

Thanks

Haroon Ali
Hi Haroon, firstly you paid alot of money for appeal. it only needed filling out you could have done that yourself. Anyway all done now.
i have herd at the moment that tribunal are about 7 weeks behind. so you just have to wait for the money to go out and then you will recieve a letter with a deadline date on it which usually another 19 weeks from the date of the letter.

Since i have been on appeal which s april only three people have had their case overturned... im still waiting for a court date, but i think the rest of the appeals didnt get looked at because of spouse visa application.

Theres no time lenght as to when it will get over turned you know how the bhc works so theres no answer..... but i do believe that they will start woking on appeals now as the spouse rush has finally finished.

You can pakistan but don't think the appeal will ver turn in days, and if it does get over turned then you wait for call letter then you hand in passport and wait for visa... the last girl ti get her case over turned waited three months for passport to get stamped.... so i don't think its as easy as that.

but on the other hand maybe they will work real quick if things have gone quiet as after the 9th july i don't think there were many marriage cases, but there a few appeals i have noticed so its anyone's guess.

Sorry it hasn't helped but i'm just stating reality, we all think it be done quick then get disheartened. wait till new year get the letter from court the go pakistan. when i lasted emailed them at the bottom of the email it stated that they give an answer in 3 months... but again they are just words.

If you wanna go then theres no problem, but if it goes court then u will need to come back, if its over turned then your lucky and come back togeather....

I will say that there have been some spouses who have had their bank accounts rechecked after an appeal has been won just as the bhc wanna make sure your circumstances haven't changed and you are still earning etc ect,

Hope it helps
visa stamped?

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Appeal Fees

Post by HaroonAli » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi there,

Much appreciated for the Infor Zully. Just another quick question my lawyer made an appeal on 5th December 2012 but yet to date I have not had the £140.00 oral fees go out from my account.

May I ask can you please advise me on this as I am really getting worried. My wife has had no letter but obviously when they take the money out from my account then we shall see some movement.

Can you advise how long will it take to take the fees out from my account and I think he sent the application and details via Fax.

Thanks

Haroon Ali

r4sh1d

Post by r4sh1d » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:14 am

If you call the tribunal number and select option 1, before putting you through to an advisor it tells you approx what date of applications the are processing.

When i checked a couple of days before the hols, they said 3rd dec. Sit tight.

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:15 am

Haroon,

Appealing online has seen people's payment taken within a couple of days, anyone paying by post, has had to wait around a month or even 5 weeks.

So what you're experiencing is normal. However I would keep re-iterating to everyone, it's best to appeal online and not by paper, the process is much quicker.

HaroonAli
Mood:
United Kingdom

Further Information

Post by HaroonAli » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi King2be.

I am not sure why the heck did my lawyer make an appeal via Fax as I was sure you can do it online and it is much easier and quicker.

I asked him this but he said we always make appeals via Fax so hence I am really worried why have they not taken payment. Lawyer is just useless charged £750.00 for wasting my time I think.

Also King2be can you let me know is the Appeal Letter have the standard 19 week time on it as my wife is so annoyed and getting angry she said that she has a feeling that they may put end of March or Mid April as deadline date. May I ask is this possible.

Again appreciated for all the information as I am finding the lawyer useless waste of £750 + £500 for application + everything else.... ahhhhhhh...

Have a good day.

Thanks

LoveMyBaby786

Post by LoveMyBaby786 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi has anyones spose visa been refused because they basically dont believe you intend to live permanently with your spouse in uk?

zully
Member of Standing

Re: Further Information

Post by zully » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 pm

HaroonAli wrote:Hi King2be.

I am not sure why the heck did my lawyer make an appeal via Fax as I was sure you can do it online and it is much easier and quicker.

I asked him this but he said we always make appeals via Fax so hence I am really worried why have they not taken payment. Lawyer is just useless charged £750.00 for wasting my time I think.

Also King2be can you let me know is the Appeal Letter have the standard 19 week time on it as my wife is so annoyed and getting angry she said that she has a feeling that they may put end of March or Mid April as deadline date. May I ask is this possible.

Again appreciated for all the information as I am finding the lawyer useless
waste of £750 + £500 for application + everything else.... ahhhhhhh...

Have a good day.

Thanks
Haroon... Lots of people do it by fax. That's true, I be honest not sure why you went to solicitors to fill out a form. You could had done it yourself so easily and on line it's very quick...
Your payment will be taken j know they are running 2 to 3 weeks behind... And yes your wife is correct it's 19 weeks
Wait time that the give bhc which will take you I to April or may not march ... But it's not to say that it will take that long they may overturn it in a few weeks or even reject it in a few weeks which mean it will go court.
To be honest there no point in the mrs getting angry it really won't make the appeal faster.... You just need to pray that once the information you provided is gone back to bhc then you get a response quick....
There always is a time delay with when payment is taken out. And when it's processed....
Just be patient it will happen....
visa stamped?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:24 pm

LoveMyBaby786 wrote:Hi has anyones spose visa been refused because they basically dont believe you intend to live permanently with your spouse in uk?
Mines isn't that we won't live together.... Mine was that he accidentally put the ruksati which was held in the uk as his wedding date n not the nikkah for which he sent proof. They wanted a British registry which I don't have one.....
visa stamped?

zully
Member of Standing

Post by zully » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Prince....
You ready for court.....
visa stamped?

prince007

Post by prince007 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:31 am

zully wrote:Prince....
You ready for court.....
Hi sorry aint been on here for some time, yeh i am ready but abit nervous at the same time but i have my trust in Allah Swt. i hope everything goes well. please make special Dua for me.

May Allah Swt Give us All Success Ameen.

shazz

Post by shazz » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:12 am

Hi guys, my husband submitted his application for visa on 6/7/12 at Lahore and it got refused on 28/12/12 cuz of 2 stupid reasons,one of which was that they needed an accomadation letter of my dad stating me n my husband can stay there and another is that i didnt have much money on my bank statment for which i also gave a different bank with savings money in ther.. Does any1 no if its ok 2 have roughly 3,500 pounds in savings or is that less? I have got the appeal papers back yesterday and going to file appeal next week inshallah

king2be98
- thin ice -

Re: Further Information

Post by king2be98 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 am

HaroonAli wrote:Also King2be can you let me know is the Appeal Letter have the standard 19 week time on it as my wife is so annoyed and getting angry she said that she has a feeling that they may put end of March or Mid April as deadline date. May I ask is this possible.

Again appreciated for all the information as I am finding the lawyer useless waste of £750 + £500 for application + everything else.... ahhhhhhh...
Lawyers would get a lot more customers if they charged reasonable amounts and did their work properly. What do they do instead is, provide shoddy service, not try to help the customer in the best way and often mislead them. £750 for most people in the UK is more than 3 weeks salary, no lawyer deserves that amount for any immigration case.

You will be issued a letter of pending appeal once the IAT have processed your appeal. You will receive the letter about a week after the actual processingof your appeal. But the date, ie the deadline will be exactly 19 weeks after the date they process your appeal. I know some people who had a response and got their decision overturned before the deadline, but most people do take 5/6 months unfortunately.