ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SAR after citizenship granted

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

evolutionroach
Newly Registered

SAR after citizenship granted

Post by evolutionroach » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:35 pm

Hi

Hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas. I just want to ask a question about SAR.

I have been granted British Citizenship last year. However, for some other reasons, I need to check my immigration history from UKBA.

Is it still appropriate to apply for a SAR after becoming a British Citizen? Have anyone done something similiar before?

Many thanks

sushdmehta_fan

Post by sushdmehta_fan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:29 am

Yes you can! Infact you will get a complete disclosure about your I
Immigration history. You will also find out what were the checks carried out about you. I think many on this forum would be eager to know and it's doesnt cost much either ?

In my case:
I also came to know what a referee wrote about me, I should not have chosen her as my refere, I think in the hindsight. I think it was inadvertent disclosed to me by sar caseworker.

evolutionroach
Newly Registered

Post by evolutionroach » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:14 am

Hi sushdmehta_fan

Thanks a lot for your reply. Did you applied your SAR after your citizenship granted?

Many thanks

sushdmehta_fan

Post by sushdmehta_fan » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:42 am

evolutionroach wrote:Hi sushdmehta_fan

Thanks a lot for your reply. Did you applied your SAR after your citizenship granted?

Many thanks
Yes,No harm as you don't have to give reason why you need the sar.
It cost £10 + postage. You will Learn lot more about you, if it is not all redacted. They do respond within 40 days these days, at least for me and few other I know. Don't delay !!

evolutionroach
Newly Registered

Post by evolutionroach » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Thanks for your reply sushdmehta_fan.

Anyone else who has the same experience?

argyle_estate
Newly Registered

Post by argyle_estate » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:17 am

[quote="sushdmehta_fan"]

In my case:
I also came to know what a referee wrote about me, I should not have chosen her as my refere, I think in the hindsight. I think it was inadvertent disclosed to me by sar caseworker.[/quote]

do HO always contact the referees or is it only case by case basis? also how do they contact normally? phone/email/post?

sushdmehta_fan

Post by sushdmehta_fan » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:50 pm

very rarely, but they do write to them days !!