ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Traveling on Biometric card

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raholptl

Traveling on Biometric card

Post by raholptl » Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi Guys,
I am on tier 1 visa. when I got the visa it was stamped on my passport in the form of a sticker. But when I got my extension this year it was not stamped on the passport. I was given a biometric card. I have not traved out of the country since I got the biometric card. Can anyone tell me please how does it work? Do I need to show the biometric card on the airport on both sides here in the UK and in the india when I travel?
Thanks in advance.

Rahol

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:16 pm

Your card is your permission to live in the UK and and that is all. You can't use the card in isolation to your passport, even when entering the UK. To enter India or anywhere else, you need to present a valid passport and possibly a valid visa. I don't know why you think you need to show the Indian authorities that you have a residence permit to live in the UK.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:03 pm

BRP card just replaces the sticker on your passport, you must carry both while leaving or entering UK and as far as I am aware immigration officials in India will also ask to see your residence permit in UK

Apart from this, BRP can also be used like a photo identity card in UK similar to a driving license
Manka