ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Adopting Elder Sister Kids from India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aa1112
Newly Registered

Adopting Elder Sister Kids from India

Post by aa1112 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:18 pm

Hello,
I want to adopt my elder sister kids' who are in India.I am due to apply for my british passport next month.Can anyone please help me.what documents will I need and what would be the procedure????

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:25 pm

There is nothing the UK can do to prevent you adopting them if Indian law, indeed, permits this (and that is by no means certain!), but if your sister is still alive then any notion of their subsequent settlement in the UK is completely misguided. It's not permitted for living parents to gift a child to relatives in the UK, and then expect that child to qualify for settlement in the UK under UK immigration laws.
SET7.18 How do adopted children qualify for settlement?
In the case of UK-based adopters hoping to adopt a child which has been given or 'gifted' to them by relatives abroad, there is very little chance of them being able to bring the child into the UK. The UK's international obligations prevent any acceptance of such practices. Even if a foreign adoption has been completed, the requirements of the Immigration Rules will prevent an entry clearance being issued to such a child.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... /set/set7/

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:49 pm

first check inter country eligibilityof adoption

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:02 pm

adoption and immigration ....

god help you

they are the worst monsters to deal with on this planet

good luck
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014