ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need advise on absence for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bt

need advise on absence for ILR

Post by bt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:28 pm

Hi
can you please advise as in last 5 yrs i had never been absenced only had my annual holidays and in last 1 year did not go out of u.k

please advise if still need any employer letter to prove this also i have put total number of holidays in 5 yrs which are only 75 days.

please advise

thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:31 pm

Note that for ILR purposes absences refer to days you were absent from the UK. If you were never absent from the UK, during your 5 year residence then you can just leave the corresponding section in the SET(O) form blank.

You haven't mentioned what immigration category you will be applying for ILR under. Whether or not an employer letter is required will depend on if you were absent from the UK during the 5 years & the immigration category you will be applying under.

bt

Post by bt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:41 pm

hi
thanks for reply. i am applying from Tier1 to ILR and in Section 6 i have mentioned my travel date also reson for absence -- Holiday -- i had only 75 days in last five years.

hope this 'll help

thanks

cs95tdg"]Note that for ILR purposes absences refer to days you were absent from the UK. If you were never absent from the UK, during your 5 year residence then you can just leave the corresponding section in the SET(O) form blank.

You haven't mentioned what immigration category you will be applying for ILR under. Whether or not an employer letter is required will depend on if you were absent from the UK during the 5 years & the immigration category you will be applying under.[/quote]

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am

A simple one page letter by yourself stating that your absences were during Personal Holidays (paid time off), and other supporting documents such as payslips/banks statements for those periods, etc should be sufficient.

I highly doubt you will be enquired much about your total overall absence.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

bt

Post by bt » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:45 am

thanks for your advise

i have just printed off my in and out date of UK absence which was my holidays. hope should be okay.
cheers

"wpilr_nov12"]A simple one page letter by yourself stating that your absences were during Personal Holidays (paid time off), and other supporting documents such as payslips/banks statements for those periods, etc should be sufficient.

I highly doubt you will be enquired much about your total overall absence.[/quote]