ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy Length

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Franko

Tenancy Length

Post by Franko » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:57 pm

I have seen it stated on this forum by some members that when applying for a spouse visa a tenancy should have at least 6 month left. Just curious where this has come from? An application can take 6 months to process in some areas of the world. So a 6 month tenancy could have expired by the time the visa is granted. There is nothing in the guidance that mentions this magic figure of 6 months only that an ECO should be satisfied that the tenancy cannot be ended at short notice. Well even if an assured short-hold tenancy has come to an end and is continuing on a statutory basis A landlord still has to give 2 month notice by law to evict a tenant. Is there any cases documented where an application has been refused on the fact that a tenancy had less than 6 months remaining at the time of application?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Tenancy Length

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 am

Franko wrote: Just curious where this has come from?
Nowhere official. This is a bulletin board and people can post whatever they like. Just because a person comes along and says that black is white, and this statement goes unchallenged by another reader, does not mean that black is, in fact, white.

SHILPA123

Post by SHILPA123 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:30 pm

I am in the same boat. I will only have 2 months on my tenancy when my spouse applies for his visa.
I have been advised on this forum to get a letter from the landlord that he is willing to renew the contract thereafter.
Please let me know if you find any other useful information.
Regards

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:38 pm

SHILPA123 wrote:Please let me know if you find any other useful information.
A very hot damp towel applied to mosquito bites will take away the itchy feeling for up to 10 hours. Basically, the heat releases all the histamine at once, rather than over time, and it takes a while for the body to produce more. You can also get same result with a hair dryer.

Franko

Post by Franko » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:28 pm

Ok my turn! Wipe to the back not the front ;) or maybe your mother already told you that :D