ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change Name on Indian Passport in UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Change Name on Indian Passport in UK

Post by Faizuks » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Every One! First of all, i would like to say big thank you for setting up this forum, Its very informative..

I live in London with wife holding ILR, i want to change my first name to Surname and Middle name to first name on my indian passport.

I should have done it long time ago as passport office has got it wrong.
I want this to sort out before applying for British Passport.

I am planning to change mine first and change my wife's accordingly. Do i have to place an ad in newspaper in India and London?

Can i use Deed poll only without putting an ad on newspaper?

If i change my name on passport, do i have to apply ILR again or let them know about my changes on passport.

I am not adding new name, just swapping names, so i am bit confused,, Can you advice me what to do on this case?

By the way have a great new year every One!
Last edited by Faizuks on Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Name Change

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:50 am

Donno exactly if you can do this or not, but this postmight be of some use to you.

Q: If a Government employee wants to apply for major change in name in passport, is he/she required to submit a leading newspaper cutting?
A: If a Government/Public Sector/Statutory body employee wants to make a major change in name, then he/she has to submit the following additional documents:
  • Gazette Notification changing name in applicant's department
    Fresh ID Certificate in changed name
    Deed poll/sworn affidavit as per Annexure "E"
Hence, a leading newspaper cutting is not required to be submitted.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Faizuks
Newly Registered

Re: Name Change

Post by Faizuks » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:54 am

Thank you... that is what i am expecting for..