ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with SET(o) application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Scooter1
Newly Registered

Help with SET(o) application

Post by Scooter1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:48 am

Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but there are so many to search through. I am filling out my SET(o) application as we speak, and I have some worries and questions. I first entered the UK in 2007 under the old work permit as a teacher. The school I was working at became a part of a federation in 2008, and I was seconded to the lead school and then when my visa came up for renewal, they became my sponsor and switched me to tier 2. I am now applying for LTR and have some questions that are unclear to me:
1) What documents do I need to show continual employment? I have my tax slips and pay slips, plus a letter from the school.
2) Do I still need to show maintenance funds (I find that nowhere on the application) or is that grandfathered in from my work visa app, as it was when I applied for tier 2? is it just the most recent bank statement and payslip?
3) What do I put in question 7.12 about my ties to other countries?

Also, I have tried to read through all the changes that went into effect on December 12, and find them all a bit baffling and confusing. Am I in any danger of being refused?

Is it better to pay the extra money to go to Croydon?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Scott

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Help with SET(o) application

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:51 am

Scooter1 wrote:Sorry if there is already a thread on this, but there are so many to search through. I am filling out my SET(o) application as we speak, and I have some worries and questions. I first entered the UK in 2007 under the old work permit as a teacher. The school I was working at became a part of a federation in 2008, and I was seconded to the lead school and then when my visa came up for renewal, they became my sponsor and switched me to tier 2. I am now applying for LTR do you mean ILR? and have some questions that are unclear to me:
1) What documents do I need to show continual employment? I have my tax slips and pay slips, plus a letter from the school. That should be sufficient.
2) Do I still need to show maintenance funds (I find that nowhere on the application) or is that grandfathered in from my work visa app, as it was when I applied for tier 2? is it just the most recent bank statement and payslip? If the form doesn't ask for it, then no need to show it.
3) What do I put in question 7.12 about my ties to other countries? Maybe, country of birth, family/parents, etc.

Also, I have tried to read through all the changes that went into effect on December 12, and find them all a bit baffling and confusing. Am I in any danger of being refused? Why would you think you would be refused?

Is it better to pay the extra money to go to Croydon? If you want, you could pay extra to go to any of the 7 PEO's, not just Croydon. But the advantage of going to PEO is that in most of the cases, the decision is made on the same day. Alternatively if you post your application, currently there is 6 month_plus wait.
Thanks in advance for your help,

Scott
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Scooter1
Newly Registered

Post by Scooter1 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks for the advise!