ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife moving to ILR from Tier 1 - I am on Tier 1 dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

abhinavsid
Newly Registered

Wife moving to ILR from Tier 1 - I am on Tier 1 dependent

Post by abhinavsid » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:37 pm

Keep up the great work guys... I again need your expert advice - Here is the scenario -

My wife got her first HSMP visa on 12 Feb 08, after completing her masters in UK in 2006. She extended her stay in Feb 2010 through Tier 1 general visa till Feb 2013.

Now she wishes to apply for ILR.

second part - We got married in Oct 2012 and I got my Tier 1 dependent visa from India in November and am currently in UK and wishes to extend my stay,

My question:

1. [b]Do I (as current Tier 1 general dependent) need to apply for FLR M if I can? OR I need to extend my visa under point based system i.e. Tier 1 general dependent?[/b]

2. In case I have to apply under FLR M, Do I need to appear for English Test and Life in UK test to apply for FLR M?

Many Thanks again!!
Cheers!!