ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good character requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

katiepop

Good character requirement

Post by katiepop » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Not really expecting anyone to be in this situation but just in case.....

Does anyone have any experience of applying for BC when they are not of "good character"

In other words criminal convictions :(

Ooh another can of worms open, my life is never straightforward

Please let me know did you declare everything on record ie cautions, driving offences. Or did you just declare actual convictions from court. Or maybe you didn't declare any of them!!! Lol
What was the outcome of your application?

sarvo_uk
Newly Registered

Re: Good character requirement

Post by sarvo_uk » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:21 pm

katiepop wrote:Not really expecting anyone to be in this situation but just in case.....

Does anyone have any experience of applying for BC when they are not of "good character"

In other words criminal convictions :(

Ooh another can of worms open, my life is never straightforward

Please let me know did you declare everything on record ie cautions, driving offences. Or did you just declare actual convictions from court. Or maybe you didn't declare any of them!!! Lol
What was the outcome of your application?
In short yes.

You do need to declare any convictions/offences that you have been involved with. I know someone who had a conviction for driving without proper insurance going back to 5-6 years and he did get questioned for it although he had not declared it. He did have to persuade but luckily got through. To be honest it totally depends on the case worker.

katiepop

Post by katiepop » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:07 am

Ok so declare all convictions and driving offences - Sorted

BUT what about police cautions??? I know these are never spent on your record so do they have to be declared even though they are not strictly convictions?

ALSO dare I ask.....has anyone applied with a custodial sentence on record :shock: :shock: :shock:

(I said it was a can of worms lol)