ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Post by emyfraser » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:
Please confirm if you are on Skydrivewith a different name?
Hi - no, I'm not on Skydrive, too much of a numpty to figure out what I'm sure is a very easy process!

backagain

Re: Lol

Post by backagain » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:38 pm

ak145m wrote:Can't stop laughing with the idea that fedup and backagain are the same person with the split personality issue..lol, well can't blame that person as joblessness and wait can cause these issues. funny how admin caught the person and even when he/she is refusing to budge. Damanisshallo you are clever ..lol
Please stop this line of questioning. It is not helpful to anybody on this forum. To set the record straight, Fedup is my sponsor/wife. She is free to express herself as a person, sponsor, and British citizen. We are individuals with individual perspectives and thoughts. I love my wife, but we don't always agree on things or share the same approach to challenges. That is why she felt a need to join and I made no effort to associate with her comments.

You that feel a need to wrongly accuse should understand and appreciate the importance of free thought. So please stop this uncalled for witch hunt. There are members on the forum that appreciate my contributions, publicly and privately. I also have information in the pipeline that I wait for to which I want to share. For those members and for that purpose I stay on. My wife (Fedup) has left....she is far too happy to deal with this stress any longer. I'd appreciate it also if those members inclined to do so will avoid writing disparaging things about her--that is not helpful either.
Application Received: 5 April 2012
Biometrics Letter Rcd: 20 April 2012
Biometrics Appoint: 21 April 2012
Documents Received: 29 December 2012
BRP Received: 2 January 2013
Set(M) applied 26 November 2014

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Lol

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:54 pm

backagain wrote:Fedup is my sponsor/wife.
I always thought this was the case. However, I believe no one is having a vendetta. Its all done and dusted. I hope now since you've cleared the misconception everything should be fine.

Good Luck
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Franko

Post by Franko » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:37 pm

John wrote:Members need to be aware that Moderators can see the IP address used whenever a member posts. Also members are reminded that it is against the T&Cs of this board to have multiple IDs.

So some explaining to do, why were the posts above made today at 9.27.am and 10.15.am made from the same (BT) IP address? Lack of satisfactory explanation will see both members banned.
Just a bit of knowledge about how IP addresses work and this is easily circumvented as 90% of the UK broadband using population have a dynamic IP address as opposed to static IP. Simply turn off your router then back on again and your ISP assigns a completely new IP address only they know who had what address at what time. Simples!

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:57 pm

The answer is a combination of cookie with IP and the fields in HTTP Request would easily help you trace the machine inspite of having dynamic IP addresses.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:29 pm

hi guyz
here is my updates

Flrm submited 19th october 2012
ack letter received 1st nov 2012
bio letter received 27 december 2012
bio enrolled 31st december at PO 2012
waiting for visa..... :roll:
Do good and get reward

susoroh
Newly Registered

timeline

Post by susoroh » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:38 pm

Hi everyone,

We're new to the forum, but it has been really helpful to read your stories and know that it's not just us in this position!!

Here is our timeline so far:

Submitted application: 08/09/2012
Biometric enrolment letter received: 29/11/2012
Enrolled biometrics: 04/12/2012
Documents/response: Still waiting....

I'm sure xmas/ new year has set us back a couple of weeks but fingers crossed... My partner's current visa runs out 17/01/2012 and his workplace are talking about suspension if we have not heard back by then :(

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Section 3C

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:02 pm

susoroh wrote: My partner's current visa runs out 17/01/2012 and his workplace are talking about suspension if we have not heard back by then :(

Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

susoroh
Newly Registered

Re: timeline

Post by susoroh » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Thanks so much for this Damanisshallo, really appreciate it. We are emailing the links to his personnel manager now, and have also emailed our MP.

Thanks!
Damanisshallo wrote:
susoroh wrote: My partner's current visa runs out 17/01/2012 and his workplace are talking about suspension if we have not heard back by then :(

Since you've already submitted your biometrics you should be on the system. Please give them (Your Employer) this. However if they hesitate to help you out take this along with your Acknowledgement & Biometric invitation letter and ask them to have a look at Frequently Asked Questions->What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? from the link.

You can also show them section 3C of the Immigration Act 1971 from the Legislation.

But I also need to warn you that in-spite of having so many evidences, it purely depends on your luck and the person you are talking to. Coz not all HR's are well qualified. So Good luck. Also tell your employer that they request a response from UKBA using ECS and once they get a positive response it can be used for 12 months.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Unfair Dismissal

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:39 am

susoroh wrote:Thanks so much for this Damanisshallo, really appreciate it. We are emailing the links to his personnel manager now, and have also emailed our MP.
This document should help you if your partner's employer becomes adamant wrote:This page explains how employers should avoid unlawful discrimination in their recruitment and employment practices while seeking to prevent illegal working, by carrying out the appropriate document checks on all of their employees.
It is important to remember that the UK population is ethnically diverse. Many people from ethnic minorities in this country are British citizens, and many non-British citizens from black and minority ethnic communities are entitled to work here. Therefore, you must not assume that someone from an ethnic minority is an immigrant, or that someone born abroad is not entitled to work in the UK.

Employers who refuse to consider anyone who looks or sounds foreign are likely to be unlawfully discriminating on facial grounds. If document checks are carried out only for prospective employees who by their appearance or accent seem not to be British, this too may constitute unlawful facial discrimination. If a tribunal upholds a complaint of facial discrimination, there is no upper limit on the amount of compensation that the employer can be ordered to pay.

Employers have a legal duty under current race relations legislation to avoid unlawful discrimination on facial grounds, and are therefore advised to carry out document checks on every prospective employee. The best way for employers to make sure that they do not discriminate is to treat all job applicants in the same way at each stage of their recruitment process.
HOW TO AVOID facial DISCRIMINATION wrote:7.8 If a person is not able to produce the appropriate listed document(s), you should not assume that he or she is living or working in the UK illegally. You should instead refer the person to the Border and Immigration Agency through the Immigration Enquiry Bureau on 0870 606 7766, or a Citizens Advice Bureau for advice. You should try to keep the job open for as long as possible, but you are not obliged to do so if you need to recruit someone urgently. It is ultimately the decision of the employer whether or not to employ an individual.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skydrives, Templates

susoroh
Newly Registered

timeline FLR(M) APPLICATION unmarried partner

Post by susoroh » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:56 am

hi guys,

I contacted my local MP by email, and he contacted the UKBA on my behalf within 24hrs.

UKBA also informed my local MP that it is likely that your FLR(M) application will take around six months from the date you submitted your biometrics.

Here is our timeline so far:

Submitted application: 08/09/2012
Biometric enrolment letter received: 29/11/2012
Enrolled biometrics: 04/12/2012
contacted Local MP: 01/01/12
reply from MP: 02/01/12 (UKBA also informed him that it is likely that your FLR(M) application will take around six months from the date you submitted your biometrics)
Documents/response: Still waiting....
Last edited by susoroh on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rosefawkes
Newly Registered

Post by rosefawkes » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:02 pm

Hello everyone,
Happy New Year!

Thank you for all the information on the "compassionate" guidelines. I keep thinking that by the time I can get a hold of all those documents I'll have my visa already and it will be moot. Is this the detrimental side of wishful thinking?

Apologies for neglecting to post my dates. Had intended to just add them to the spreadsheet but I can't seem to even view it, much less add anything.

Anyway here it is:

From Fiance Visa:
Application for FLR(M) was sent: 19 April 2012
Acknowledgement Letter from UKBA received: 3 May 2012
Request for Biometrics: 8 May 2012
Biometrics enrolled: 9 May 2012
Husband's Passport return requested: 22 June 2012
Husband's passport returned: 6 July 2012
Letter of Inquiry to UKBA sent: 23 October 2012 (no response)
MP contacted Home Office on my behalf: 7 November 2012 (no response)
Letter to Teresa May sent: 14 November 2012 (no response)

That's all, still waiting for the rest.
There have been many many phone calls as well, but they always just say it hasn't been processed yet. Which is, of course, very helpful information.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:09 pm

MP contacted Home Office on my behalf: 7 November 2012 (no response)
rosefawkes, I think you should now contact your MP again, and make him/her aware that this matter is still outstanding.

You are being treated appallingly!
John

chiba
Newly Registered

Post by chiba » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:56 pm

Hi guys,

We had our appointment for FLR(M) at Solihull PEO in December and are now waiting for the biometric card to come. :D

£900 fee and it took less than 2 hours. They didn't ask too many questions, but we have to go back again in 30 months and do the same thing again. :(

Good luck with your applications

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Re: timeline FLR(M) APPLICATION unmarried partner

Post by emyfraser » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:01 pm

susoroh wrote: UKBA also informed my local MP that it is likely that your FLR(M) application will take around six months from the date you submitted your biometrics.
Ugh, when my husband requested his passport back they told him that it generally takes six WEEKS from when the biometrics were enrolled. Clearly months is more accurate, but I wish they hadn't just told him nonsense!

Febapp
Newly Registered

Post by Febapp » Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Are there any Feb applicants who are still waiting?

habib_motiwala
Newly Registered

Visa issued date on BRP

Post by habib_motiwala » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Hi All,

VISA ISSUED ON BRP CARD DATE

Just wanted to pick your brains, I had applied for my wife's FLRM in Feb 2011, her visa( Tier 1 dependant) was expiring in May 2011, and now we have recieved her Biometeric card, but visa is issue from 27/12/2012 and valid till 2014. Does this mean that UKBA has made a mistake in issuing worng date or it does not matter? Also Since she has been in this country for two year ( came in April 2011 ) in April 2013, will I be able to apply for her indenfinite leave to remain. Will this date issued on her BRP will create any issue, As if you think about it she must be living illegal in UK from May 2011 till Decemeber 26Th 2012??

Any Sugguestions ???

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Visa issued date on BRP

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:24 pm

habib_motiwala wrote:I had applied for my wife's FLRM in Feb 2011
Is this date and year correct? She will qualify for SET(M) in April 2013 irrespective of what her BRP says.

UKBA are not at fault. FLR(M) gets issued from the date the decision is made and not from when her application was made. However, keep her acknowledgement letter and Bio-metric letter(if applicable) to hand. In case you need to explain the situation. The case worker can see all of these details using the CID reference. Its only to keep your peace of mind.

She will be covered by Section 3C between May 2011 to 26th Dec 2012

Finally, If the dates you provided are correct, did it really took 22 months for your partner's FLR(M) Visa?
Skydrives, Templates

findshakil
Newly Registered

Bad New Visa Refused

Post by findshakil » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:14 pm

Hi guys, very bad news in the bigning of the new year,

1) Applied FLRM on 6th of July,
2) Returned as invalid due to payment issue
3)Reapplied on 24th of august with proof that I had enough money in my card and also provide copy of application payment page and image of card to prove that we gave them a correct detail. and request them to deal my case under old rules as my first application was made on 6th of July and it wasn't our fault if they were failed to take money.

4) biometric letter received on 29th of November after more then 3 month

5) 2nd January got all documents with refusal (Letter dated 21st Dec).

they said my first application was invalid and I made 2nd application on 24th of august that's why they are gonna reject my application because my wife is earning £15,200 but according to the new rules it should be 18,600.

they also wrote that they can't give any information why my bank reject the payment, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ask their bank why payment didn't go through.

I am so depressed that I gave them so many proofs that I had money in my account with card image and payment page as well. it wasn't my fault but they still didn't accept it.

ID29

Re: Bad New Visa Refused

Post by ID29 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 am

findshakil wrote:.... I am so depressed that I gave them so many proofs that I had money in my account with card image and payment page as well. it wasn't my fault but they still didn't accept it.
So sorry to hear your news.

Sadly the proofs you sent (which were unnecessary anyway and would have been ignored) were supplied for your second application. It was the first application that was deemed as invalid due to non-payment.

Its really unfortunate that you missed the deadline for an old rules application but to be fair to the UKBA they do stress how important it is that the payment goes through okay. Can you not check with the bank why the initial payment failed and get it in writing?

Any idea what happens next?

Kaolo
Newly Registered

Post by Kaolo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:38 am

Hi,

Sad to hear the bad news,

I am no expert, but i think if they have given you the right to appeal, you have a good case if you can proove that you had the funds, and gave them the correct card details when you submitted your initial application.

I am not sure tho'. Because the appeal will be for the second application.

Good luck to all of us still waiting ....

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Basnet - Failure of payment

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:01 am

findshakil wrote:They also wrote that they can't give any information why my bank reject the payment, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ask their bank why payment didn't go through.
UKBA must prove the failure of payment wrote:This is an impressive and extremely welcome development in the law. From now on, it seems, applications cannot simply be rejected as invalid by the UKBA on the basis of the assertion that it was not possible to obtain payment. The UKBA will have to provide proof that the application itself was invalid.

The Tribunal ends its determination by stating that to avoid future disputes of the kind in Mr Basnet’s case the UKBA must implement procedures ensuring that postal applications are processed immediately upon receipt, placing them in an approximation of the more favourable circumstances experienced by "personal” applicants, and, moreover that if something goes wrong the applicant is contacted "to afford an opportunity to check or correct the billing data.”

The likelihood is that this clarification of the law as the unfairness of the existing regime – and the recognition that the UKBA bears the burden of proving that an application is invalid, can benefit large numbers of people who have had their applications rejected for this reason. Anyone who is or who may be affected is strongly advised urgently to seek professional legal advice.
Click here to read the full hearing.
Skydrives, Templates

Zaaazou
Newly Registered

Post by Zaaazou » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

Application sent: 06/07/2012 (next day delivery)
Payment taken: 17/07/2012
Acknowledgement letter:20/07/2012 dated 16/07/2012
Biometric letter:I didn't get one
Biometric Letter Reminder: 29/10/2012 dated 25/10/2012
Biometric done:30/10/2010
Doc received:...
Biometric card received:...

From Tier 1 visa to FLR(M) Spouse visa

STILL WAITING ALMOST 6 Months

indian12
Newly Registered

Need a advice guys

Post by indian12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:33 pm

Date Applied/Docs sent: 13/08/2012 Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/08/2012 Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/11/2012 Date Biometrics taken - 07/11/2012 waiting for since than.. i got married Aug/2010 got indefinite leave to remain visa . me and my wife both work full time i make 18k a year and my wife make 15k a year. we have no child yet. we submit all payslip , bank statement etc... just want to know new rules my income gonna be enough to support my FLR(M) application. THANKS IN ADVANCE. 

indian12
Newly Registered

Need a advice guys

Post by indian12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Date Applied/Docs sent: 13/08/2012 Date Received Ack. Letter: 18/08/2012 Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/11/2012 Date Biometrics taken - 07/11/2012 waiting for since than.. 

i got married Aug/2010 got indefinite leave to remain visa . me and my wife both work full time i make 18k a year and my wife make 15k a year. we have no child yet. we submit all payslip , bank statement etc... just want to know new rules my income gonna be enough to support my FLR(M) application.

THANKS IN ADVANCE.