ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Laminated degree certificate

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nitrup
Mood:
India

Laminated degree certificate

Post by nitrup » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:43 am

Hi,

I am going to apply tier2 general visa for UK, for english language requirement I am providing my master degree certificate but I have realised it's laminated, Will it be an issue?

Thanks
Nitin

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:30 pm

In certain instances the HO do not accept laminated documents because they equate lamination with defacement.

This would principally apply to documents issued overseas, and to HO documents for which they have no records any more. This is because they cannot readily check the genuineness of these documents.

If your degree certificate is from a UK university they are only a phone call away and IMHO lamination will not be an issue.

However, if you are not entirely happy with this, and if there is sufficient time, ask the uni to send you a duplicate degree certificate or at least write a letter confirming the genuineness of youir degree.

Tier 4
- thin ice -

Re: Laminated degree certificate

Post by Tier 4 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:32 pm

nitrup wrote:Hi,

I am going to apply tier2 general visa for UK, for english language requirement I am providing my master degree certificate but I have realised it's laminated, Will it be an issue?

Thanks
Nitin
I used to have my degrees plastic coated, but there was a shop in my area with a little bit of charge he un-coated all my certificates without damaging them. It doesn't require a lot of technology, just a small machine almost same like lamination one do the job. You may will be able to find a shop in your area too.
N/A

sha23

Post by sha23 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:52 am

manci wrote:In certain instances the HO do not accept laminated documents because they equate lamination with defacement.

This would principally apply to documents issued overseas, and to HO documents for which they have no records any more. This is because they cannot readily check the genuineness of these documents.

If your degree certificate is from a UK university they are only a phone call away and IMHO lamination will not be an issue.

However, if you are not entirely happy with this, and if there is sufficient time, ask the uni to send you a duplicate degree certificate or at least write a letter confirming the genuineness of youir degree.
Hi Manci
For my visa document submission in India, I submitted a laminated Marriage certificate.(This is original marriage certificate, which to be preserved was lamintaed) Alternatively, My passport is also endorsed with my wives name as well. it should be fine right?
Also in the past my marriage certificate had been to the British Embassy, when both me and my wife travelled to uk together. (I dont think my marriage certificate was laminated that time though)
I have submitted my documents with the UK VFS in Bangalore.

rajesh2013
Newly Registered

Post by rajesh2013 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:06 pm

I applied last year with my marriage certificate being laminated.... No problem with that actually, and things went through fine. Degree certificate was not laminated anyway, so not sure about that.