ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which one is likely to be processed faster !!

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

windsor83
Newly Registered

Which one is likely to be processed faster !!

Post by windsor83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:27 pm

I would like to apply for Tier 2 (General) visa.

Does anybody know please which one is likely to be processed faster! Applications made inside or outside the UK?

Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Which one is likely to be processed faster !!

Post by physicskate » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:36 pm

windsor83 wrote:I would like to apply for Tier 2 (General) visa.

Does anybody know please which one is likely to be processed faster! Applications made inside or outside the UK?

Thanks
All of this depends on what your current visa category is (you may not be allowed to apply out of country or in country depending on your current status).

Additionally, an out of country application requires a restricted CoS and an in country application requires an unrestricted CoS. Your employer is responsible for issuing a CoS.

As you can see, there are no simple answers for a simple question when it comes to UKBA rules.

In country, it may be possible to get a same day decision if you were able to get a PEO appointment.

windsor83
Newly Registered

Post by windsor83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks very much for your reply.

I have met my employer before and he promised me to get a CoS for me, but I have finished my course earlier. My current student (Tier 4) visa will be limited to 60 days, therefore I have to leave the UK by the end of Feb 2013.

My bank statements for 3 months are not ready; I also need to see family in my country.

My employer told me the issuing of CoS will take some times, but I did not know there are two types of a CoS? Please do you think it’s important to inform my employer about this point?

Thanks again,

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:11 pm

windsor83 wrote:Thanks very much for your reply.

My employer told me the issuing of CoS will take some times, but I did not know there are two types of a CoS? Please do you think it’s important to inform my employer about this point?

Thanks again,
If they are not already aware, they need to know that you will require a RESTRICTED CoS if applying from out of country. This are only issued once a month and I've heard that it takes some companies two cycles to be issued a restricted CoS. Please also note there is a quota on restricted CoS, though this quota has never been reached (I don't think).

Hope this helps...

ukbatier2
Newly Registered

Post by ukbatier2 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:49 pm

---------------------

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:54 pm

windsor83 wrote:Thanks very much for your reply.

I have met my employer before and he promised me to get a CoS for me, but I have finished my course earlier. My current student (Tier 4) visa will be limited to 60 days, therefore I have to leave the UK by the end of Feb 2013.

My bank statements for 3 months are not ready; I also need to see family in my country.

Thanks again,
You can ask your employer to support your maintenance then you wont need bank statements.

windsor83
Newly Registered

Post by windsor83 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:32 pm

Thanks to all friends for the very useful information