ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long Residence guidance notes and SET(O) form

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

samiah123
Newly Registered

Long Residence guidance notes and SET(O) form

Post by samiah123 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:23 pm

I have a question regarding ILR application on the basis of 10 years long residence.

In Long Residence and Private Life guidelines notes on page 39 it says:
following points will be considered before granting indefinite leave in all cases:

 age
 strength of connections in the UK
 personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record
 domestic circumstances
 compassionate circumstances
 any representations on the person’s behalf.

My question is how UKBA will check all the above factors, as in SET(O) from, there are no questions relating to strenghts of connections in UK, conduct or employment record for long resident route applicants. Only in 7.12, there is a question about ties to the country you were born.

So how these factors are considered by UKBA ? How will they check conduct, strengths of connections in UK, employment etc. There are no questions relating to these factors in form SET(O).

Please advise !

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:45 pm

You can only give the information asked for in the form and provide the requested documents. Only ukba knows how they will use that information for the purposes you are curious about.

Maybe that is why ukba takes almost a year to make a decision on 10 year route applications.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

samiah123
Newly Registered

Post by samiah123 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:43 pm

thanks. I was wondering if UKBA do their own independent checks as well, apart from using the information on the form. Do you know anything about that?

Also, I still dont believe they can ever check strengths of connections in UK, unless told by the applicant. So if someone wants to show that UK is their main home, they probable have no way to do it on the SET(O) form.