ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA advised to contact a Solicitor for EEA2 application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tripping_donk
Newly Registered

UKBA advised to contact a Solicitor for EEA2 application

Post by tripping_donk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 am

Hi,

I have a pending EEA2 application with UKBA. I applied on 1st Aug and received my COA sometime in Oct. I had to miss 4 days of work as I did not have a COA in place before my old VISA expired.

I called UKBA today to check if my application has been processed as my employer has again started asking me about the updates on RC.

UKBA advised me that my application is still not decided and I should probably go to a solicitor or citizen advice bureau to chase up my application. Have you heard anything like this before? Is it worth while for me to approach a solicitor?

Your comments will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

Hubba

Re: UKBA advised to contact a Solicitor for EEA2 application

Post by Hubba » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:26 am

tripping_donk wrote:Hi,

I have a pending EEA2 application with UKBA. I applied on 1st Aug and received my COA sometime in Oct. I had to miss 4 days of work as I did not have a COA in place before my old VISA expired.

I called UKBA today to check if my application has been processed as my employer has again started asking me about the updates on RC.

UKBA advised me that my application is still not decided and I should probably go to a solicitor or citizen advice bureau to chase up my application. Have you heard anything like this before? Is it worth while for me to approach a solicitor?

Your comments will be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Ok, I can only talk based on my personal experience here. Things just got moving when I've made a formal complaint. I've done such complaint sending an email to NWCSU@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk, filling out the complaint form and sending it attached. Bear in mind this was back in 2009, but it did the trick for me.

tripping_donk
Newly Registered

Post by tripping_donk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 am

Thank you for your comment. I have looked into this. I would be putting in a formal complaint once the 6 month period is over.

What annoys me is the suggestion to employ a solicitor to chase up my application. I am capable enough to do so on my own and the idea to employ a middle man is replusive.

Everyone wants their cut!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 pm

I believe the phone operator just randomly said to check coa with your solicitor as because many times ukba assume and send coa to solicitor address if an applicant is applying through solicitor. A true relation with eea national and all documents on application form make an applicant a solicitor himself for representing its case without need to hire from outside.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:00 pm

Your employer can at any time call the employer checking service and get verification that you have a right to work. It should never be a problem, and you should never be required to take time off work.

See UKBA document https://dl.dropbox.com/u/27885818/UK/FO ... 20work.pdf

Did the telephone helpline give you the phone number of their favourite solicitor ?