ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tier2help
Newly Registered

Post by tier2help » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:22 pm

I wish it would be a good news for you as I was reading through your situation which is completely different ...

Can you please tell me when you enrolled for bio-metrics?

mm0909

Post by mm0909 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:29 pm

gameover_786 wrote:hi guys,

I think UKBA made a decision on my application. Do not know the decision yet as i was not home and they left a note with a reference number for me to arrange a re delivery.

I am sure it is a pack from home office as i am not expecting any posts which requires signature. The courier company is DX which is unusual. I know home office always uses royal mail and 2nd class recorded delivery.

Well the quick response gives an idea that may be UKBA have outsourced the Tier 2 applications to speed up the process.

Not sure about the final decision but i am quite hopeful. Please wish me luck and i will update you all on Friday as my re delivery date is 14/12/12.

Regards

Hi gameover,

I think you got the visa. This is because they seems to use DX to deliver the biometric card and this means visa is issued. :) And I also got missed delivery for my current tier 2 visa as well. so this is your good news.

Congrats, game is finished nicely.

SimiP

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Post by SimiP » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:51 am

Hi Gameover,

All the best!!!

As far as my knowledge, I think that DX courier service is specially for confidential and important documents. They send the passport via royal mail or specail delivery but the visa is sent via DX. I think you have been granted your visa!!!!! Congrats!!! :)

Did you receive your passport??

Good Luck!!!
Cheers!!
Simi

JS28
Member of Standing

name appear on the register of sponsor

Post by JS28 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:54 pm

Hi All,

I checked the register of sponsors on the system and our college's name was on it. DOes that mean we have got the licence?

Also, what would be the next procedure now? I mean how do we apply for COS?

Thanks

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi all,

God is great, guys i got my visa today. I received my passport and other supporting document back with a letter confirming that my application has been successful and i should expect to receive my Bio metric card in the next few days. Which they already try to delivery me yesterday.

I am very happy today as the long wait paid off. Thanks God, and i would like to thanks all the user of this forum who ever reply to my post and gave their suggestions and ideas. I wish you all very best of luck who are waiting for a decision.

Thank you once again. I will give you an update tomorrow about the bio-metric card.

Cheers

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Congrats gameover,

Can you please tell me what are documents needed? My company has got the licence but I am unsure what to do next

Drew2012
Newly Registered

Post by Drew2012 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:05 am

Congrats GAMEOVER - finally a breath of relief for you. I do hope it works out for me as well. Fingers crossed.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:26 pm

gameover_786 wrote:Hi all,

God is great, guys i got my visa today. I received my passport and other supporting document back with a letter confirming that my application has been successful and i should expect to receive my Bio metric card in the next few days. Which they already try to delivery me yesterday.

I am very happy today as the long wait paid off. Thanks God, and i would like to thanks all the user of this forum who ever reply to my post and gave their suggestions and ideas. I wish you all very best of luck who are waiting for a decision.

Thank you once again. I will give you an update tomorrow about the bio-metric card.

Cheers
Great news! It's not "Game Over" after all is it ;)

Pretty much on the same boat as you, just have to wait and see what happens :)

chin1605

CONGRATS!!!

Post by chin1605 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:40 pm

Congrats gameover - should be 'gameon' now!!!

My situation is a bit different from yours, but also hoping for a positive outcome.

Cheers!

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Happy for you GameOver

Post by vinay1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks for the reply Gameover, that helps a lot. I am sure we are all very happy for you and you gave us all hope. My company got a reply back yesterday only after a week they made the application. It was refused saying that we are not a small company so we will have to apply under medium/large and fees is £1,500. That is fine, but the trouble is that they came back to us saying they required signed accounts (while the accounts were signed by Auditors and directors). Do not know if anyone can elaborate on those.

chris_g642
Newly Registered

Post by chris_g642 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:49 pm

Congratulations Gameover, I am glad it worked for you and I kinda knew that... I had tried this scheme in few cases and it worked 99%... Anyways I hope it works for everyone else whoever is attempting this technique... Best of luck :-)

vinay1986
Newly Registered

How and when to send the COS number?

Post by vinay1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi Guys, I would have also liked to get some advise to when and how to send my COS number to UKBA considering I will not attach my COS when I am doing my initial application. Will I post them a new filled in application? or Just a letter giving them the COS and post it to same address, how are we supposed to proceed?

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Appropriate Salary

Post by vinay1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:08 pm

Hi guys, another question. Does anyone know what is the appropriate salary for Job under NQF 6 (Code: 3534 - Finance/Investment Analyst). Will it have to be above £20,000pa?

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Salary

Post by vinay1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Never mind, got a link hope this will be helpful guys (those in finance):

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

rocky_84
Newly Registered

Post by rocky_84 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:27 pm

I have been given a COS which is of NQF Level 6. But my salary is below 26000. Any idea if this could be a problem???

PSW has a min salary requirement of above 20000.

If my salary doesn't match the salary on COS would that be a reason for rejection????

Need an immediate reply...

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:42 pm

rocky_84 wrote:I have been given a COS which is of NQF Level 6. But my salary is below 26000. Any idea if this could be a problem???

PSW has a min salary requirement of above 20000.

If my salary doesn't match the salary on COS would that be a reason for rejection????

Need an immediate reply...
It would be a CLEAN REFUSAL

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Refused

Post by hashmil » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Bad news guys.

UKBA managed to put together my COS with my application. however, they have refused is because my COS isn't a NQF 6. It is a NQF 4(creative sector).

HOWEVER, on the Tier 2 guidence doc they say this:

Applications for entry Clearance or switching into tier 2 (General)
64.If you are applying to work in the UK the Certificate of Sponsorship must confirm that the job is at NQF level level 6 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as stated in the codes of practice or in a creative sector occupation skilled to NQF level 4 (or the equivalent in Scotland) as
listed in the Tier 2 & 5 Sponsor Guidance, or the job is at NQF level 4 and appears on the list of shortage occupations.

So i am confused now. What the hell? anyone know how i can go about
appealing this?

my job code was 3411 Tier 4 (creative)

The Tier 2 guidence doc i'm referring to is this: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

mm0909

Re: Refused

Post by mm0909 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:21 pm

Hi hashmil,

Sorry about the visa thing. I looked at your situation. I think in Section R document, it saids

From 14 June 2012 applicants under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra
company transfer) must have an offer of a job at or above NQF 6 if they are:
 applying from abroad; or
 applying to switch into Tier 2 (General) from a different immigration
route.

Please have a look at this link.

What is your current tier? Is it PSW? if it is, then it might be the case. Don't want to further dampen your spirit though. If it is T2 or some other category they requires, then I guess something is mistaken.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Refused

Post by hashmil » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:29 pm

mm0909 wrote:Hi hashmil,

Sorry about the visa thing. I looked at your situation. I think in Section R document, it saids

From 14 June 2012 applicants under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra
company transfer) must have an offer of a job at or above NQF 6 if they are:
 applying from abroad; or
 applying to switch into Tier 2 (General) from a different immigration
route.

Please have a look at this link.

What is your current tier? Is it PSW? if it is, then it might be the case. Don't want to further dampen your spirit though. If it is T2 or some other category they requires, then I guess something is mistaken.
thanks for that, but i have posted a bit more detailed version on a new thread - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=121317

basically according to Appendix A para 77E it says i can use the SOC i used. and the letter they sent has refused me pretty much because of the same para?

and yes, i am switching from PSW.

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Certificate issued

Post by vinay1986 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:10 pm

Hi guys, I just wanted to update you all that my company has just been added to the list of sponsor. It took like a week and we have been assigned an A Rated.

TAK
Newly Registered

Licence

Post by TAK » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi Vinay,

Congrats! When did your applied for the licence? my company applied in late october this year and we haven't heard anything till now. My visa is ending in early Feb.

Anyone who can share his/her experience in the same timeline?

regards
TAK

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Re: Licence

Post by crazyjelly » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 pm

TAK wrote:Hi Vinay,

Congrats! When did your applied for the licence? my company applied in late october this year and we haven't heard anything till now. My visa is ending in early Feb.

regards
TAK
Hi Tak,

For your reference...

My company applied for its sponsorship license in early Oct.

My visa expired on 16/11/12.

Urgent treatment requested on 2/11/12.

No updates from the UKBA...

Had my biometrics done on 15/12/12.

EVENTUALLY...my company’s name has now appeared on the sponsor list TODAY 02/01/2013 YAY! What a HAPPY NEW YEAR lol

I guess since there’s still some time before your visa expires, the UKBA has not put your company’s application in priority just yet...Best of luck mate!

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Re: Licence

Post by vinay1986 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

TAK wrote:Hi Vinay,

regards
TAK
Hi Tak, we made the application on the 19th December and they received the documents the next day I assume. We are an asset management company and applied under large firm (fees £1,500). I assume they did not bother much since we are a member of London Stock Exchange and regulated by the FSA.

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Help with Accountant Job Code 2421

Post by vinay1986 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 am

Hi guys, I just want some clarifications before going forward:

1. I am currently registered with ACCA and have been exempted with F1, F2, F3 and F4. I assume I am part I qualified?

2. If yes, can I apply as assistant accountant Job code 2421 quoting a salary of £20,001 per annum (more than £20K and above min for part I qualified which is £14,000)?

I really do not want to take any risks and I would really like your advise guys. Further, do I have to attach my ACCA student number /ID Card?

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Help with Accountant Job Code 2421

Post by hashmil » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 am

vinay1986 wrote:Hi guys, I just want some clarifications before going forward:

1. I am currently registered with ACCA and have been exempted with F1, F2, F3 and F4. I assume I am part I qualified?

2. If yes, can I apply as assistant accountant Job code 2421 quoting a salary of £20,001 per annum (more than £20K and above min for part I qualified which is £14,000)?

I really do not want to take any risks and I would really like your advise guys. Further, do I have to attach my ACCA student number /ID Card?
I think this is something you will have to discuss with your company. As long as the job code is a NQF6 and within the salary limits you should be fine.