ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR via Settlement checking service(excluding 10/14yrs)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

suwi
Newly Registered

ILR via Settlement checking service(excluding 10/14yrs)

Post by suwi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:06 am

Hello Forum members

I was with this forum for sometime now which is very helpful for all. I think we need information about applications sent via SCS( settlement checking service).
I have sent mine using this service and had bit of doubts but was too late to make a change. Recently I have been contacting number of members and non members who applied same period as me but via postal route. They have received their ILR but I feel like who used SCS have delays and problems.
My doubt was they only selected hand full of documents out of my whole heap, apart from last 3 months salary slips and Id documents. For proof of the 2 yrs for me they only took one letter for each 3/4 months which mean they had only one utility bill one bank statement out of 24 pagers I had(joint with partner).
etc.

When you give info please provide following information. here is mine.

Previous visa status: Spouse (unmarried)
Mode of application: SCS
Date of application: 12/08/12
Dependents yes or no- No
Visa expiry date: 27/08/12
date of biometric request: 20/10/12
date of biometrics done: 21/10/12
Any request for additional documents: Not yet.
Date of ILR approved- awaiting

Hope this will help
Good luck
Happy New Year
suwi

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:48 am

As far as I am aware the Settlement Checking Service is available only for those using SET(M) via the partner route. Can you explain how and why you are using this service?

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:19 am

Hi Guru,

Thank you,
As I mentioned I was on spouse (unmarried visa) for 2 yrs and was in Uk more than 5 yrs. Isnt that correct route then?

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:23 am

Forgot to attache this link from UKBA

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ettlement/

It is clear that I have to apply SET(M)

Thanks

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi Guys,

Very happy new year all.
Any one who used Settlement checking service please post your time line according to the formate I mentioned earlier in this thread or write as much as info.
This will help us who are awaiting to have some idea about expected date for a solution, and for who are yet to apply to understand which route best use this service or just collect all and put to post.

Good luck
suwi

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:01 pm

I would have thought using SCS simply puts your application among postal queue, similar to using NCS for citizenships.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:19 pm

Hi wpilr_nov12

I do not know how NCS work but i know the difference between post by your self and SCS.
SCS cost £80.00
Need to get an appt ( not difficult)
who ever the officer their( I have no idea is she/he a qualified case worker from home office or not) go through your documents and take photo copies of all including passport and return everything to you. ( if you post you got to wait until the decision day for those.
Then she/he select few documents few means very few for proof of cohabitation etc as if she/he feel ok. ( if you post you can send as much as you think will require) They obviously read the application and see wether you have done any mistakes.
Then they give you a tick list as a proof of your application and keep the original application and photo copies of documents with them.
Thats all you come back and wait to hear from HO.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi! suwi,

Thank you for sharing your SCS Experience. My understanding is that, SCS is availble, only for Form SET (M).Hope you get positive result from UKBA IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

Wishing all members in this Forum A very Happy New Year.

weedskee
Newly Registered

Post by weedskee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:43 am

hi suwi, we're in the same boat but you applied ahead of me. i used the scs because i didn't want to leave my originals with them (i applied for a new BRP to change my name to my married name & it took them 4 months to do it. they returned everything 2 weeks before my visa was due to expire).

i applied august 14, visa expired august 17. biometrics done on october 25. no word still. people usually get the biometrics letter 8 weeks after application & the approval 8 weeks after that (based on observation) so thought i'd be receiving my letter in december but that has passed now. like you the person from the scs only chose certain letters from the pile i brought. he even said applications done through scs are quicker as it only takes 4 months before a decision is made but there you go, still impatiently waiting. i applied with set (m) as a married partner.

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi Weedskee,

thats exactly my issue. they told me it will be quicker than other routes but there are number of guys who received but applied week after me. Well i used it so that ukba cannot turn back and say thats wrong this is missing etc.

Hopefully ours may be round the conner! or God knows are they struggling to decide with out hesitation due to the lack of documents. Do you get my point??
Good luck.

weedskee
Newly Registered

Post by weedskee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 pm

i hope that's not the case but it did cross my mind on occassion. :/ i'm switching residence by the end of the month so am hoping to receive it by then. this whole visa wait costed me a job too so that's why am incredibly anxious. my husband said if the home office does ask about lack of documents we should mention the scs as that's why we paid extra money to have it done.

keep me posted about yours and hopefully we can get some good news soon :)

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:46 pm

hi weedskee
Certainly i would let you know of progress.
I also think incase if they ask additional info we have to mention about scs.
this is the problem whole our life is around this visa.
Sorry about your job aspect. Hope you get good return once you get the visa

suwi

weedskee
Newly Registered

Post by weedskee » Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:52 am

hi suwi - great news! got a letter in the post today on the approval of the ilr (dated jan. 08) ^_^ with any luck the dx guy arrives today otherwise next week. :)

it's just a matter of time with you, hope yours arrives soon!

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi weedskee,

Horray Hey guess what, i logged into say my good newsa nd to see you too have received the long waited letter.
I just have received this morning. waiting for BRP only.

Stress and irritability with ukba is all over.

My conclusion; It does not make any difference with regards to the waiting period when you use post and scs service.

Good luck to you and members here.

suwi
Newly Registered

Post by suwi » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:47 pm

Hi all,

As you see i have received mine. I started this tread as there is a different route other than posting by your self which is scs for set(M).
if you have used it then it is always worth to compare with similar ones.
But not may people have linked in.
hope this will help someone who think of using this scs service which cost you £80 extra to understand pros and cons.

probably as soon as i started the link, "guru" derailed it asking my eligibility of using and then when i answered guru disappeared without a comment.
probably he could not locate the link.

Now, I may not follow the forum as much as i was
Good luck to all
suwi