ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA ISSUED DATE ON BRP

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

habib_motiwala
Newly Registered

VISA ISSUED DATE ON BRP

Post by habib_motiwala » Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi All,

VISA ISSUED ON BRP CARD DATE

Just wanted to pick your brains, I had applied for my wife's FLRM in Feb 2011, her visa( Tier 1 dependant) was expiring in May 2011, and now we have recieved her Biometeric card, but visa is issue from 27/12/2012 and valid till 2014. Does this mean that UKBA has made a mistake in issuing worng date or it does not matter? Also Since she has been in this country for two year ( came in April 2011 ) in April 2013, will I be able to apply for her indenfinite leave to remain. Will this date issued on her BRP will create any issue, As if you think about it she must be living illegal in UK from May 2011 till Decemeber 26Th 2012??

Any Sugguestions ???

Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:04 pm

It is standard practice for the date of issue of the BRP/granted leave to be the day of decision not the date of application.

Your wife was not illegal during the time she was waiting for a decision as she made an in time application and therefore her leave is treated as continuing by virtue of section 3C of the immigration act 1971.