ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Calculating savings

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:48 pm

specy_99 wrote:Probably £7,200 as she worked part time and found it hard to find full time.
The following equation is used:
(x minus 16000) divided by 2.5 = y
Where x is the total amount of savings held and y is the amount which can be used towards the financial requirement.
In your case it should be 18600-7200=11400

11400*2.5+16000=44500

So, my understanding is that you need 44500 for at least 6 months. Having said this my calculations are based on your wife's application I've not included your daughter yet!

I know it's scary but my advice would be for you to wait until you get your ILR and then after 6 months try your luck. Unless you can manage with your savings.
Last edited by Damanisshallo on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shahshah

Flrm

Post by shahshah » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:34 pm

Dear friend,
Can some one help me. i am a bit confused while filling form for my wife and 2 kids as a dependent.
my wife is my dependent since 2005 and i was student then feb 2011 got my psw and my wife and kids were my dependent. now as i got my ILR but confused whether we fall under new rule that is showing income of above 22000 or we subject to old rule and if we subject to old rule how much maintence funds need to show.
please reploy and i am really thank fu to u in advance.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: Flrm

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:45 pm

shahshah wrote:Dear friend,
Can some one help me. i am a bit confused while filling form for my wife and 2 kids as a dependent.
my wife is my dependent since 2005 and i was student then feb 2011 got my psw and my wife and kids were my dependent. now as i got my ILR but confused whether we fall under new rule that is showing income of above 22000 or we subject to old rule and if we subject to old rule how much maintence funds need to show.
They come under old rules please read

Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

shahshah

Re: Flrm

Post by shahshah » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:50 pm

How much i have to show the maintenance ??/
and i would like to say a big thank you to Damanisshallo for all the help and moral support , really appriciated. belive me you guys are doing excellent job. thanks once again.
Damanisshallo wrote:
shahshah wrote:Dear friend,
They come under old rules please read

Dependant of ILR (long residence) applicant on PBS leave

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:54 pm

Thanks for this. I dont think I can afford this much savings!

What if I get a job earning £23000 soonish...?? Do I have to wait a year to show that I have been earning this much??

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:57 pm

specy_99 wrote:Thanks for this. I dont think I can afford this much savings!

What if I get a job earning £23000 soonish...?? Do I have to wait a year to show that I have been earning this much??
6 months
Skydrives, Templates

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:09 am

HO really have turned into devils i think....its such a long wait :cry:

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

FLR(M) maintenance funds

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 am

shahshah wrote:How much i have to show the maintenance ?

Maintenance (funds) wrote:The requirement is that you are able to maintain yourselves "adequately without recourse to public funds". The current guidance is that this means you will have access to at least £105.95 per week between you, after payment of rent/mortgage, council tax, and any standing debt repayments.

Read down the page the link and it conforms that you can show you are able to do this by providing proof of your earnings, as well as savings and some third party support (if necessary).
Skydrives, Templates

Sanan
Newly Registered

10 years Long residency

Post by Sanan » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:24 am

Thanks for your prompt response, but i did not get your reply could you please read my previous post again and advise me if you can??

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 years Long residency

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:36 am

Sanan wrote:Thanks for your prompt response, but i did not get your reply could you please read my previous post again and advise me if you can??
I meant you were just unlucky for getting struck into something which had nothing to do with you. Further I said I don't think there could be many people who have experienced what you are going through.

I further went on to explain that, people with straight forward cases are waiting for their applications to be considered for more than 6 months but in your case since you do not have your documents along with your application it could take longer than usual. Overall this is my personal opinion. Also I don't see any issue with your case as its not your fault.

I wish I am wrong but let's just hope for the best.
Skydrives, Templates

zak786

Post by zak786 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:41 am

Damanisshallo wrote:The safest option is to make an application for Tier 1 Extension and then Vary your application to SET(O).

By doing this you'd neither lose money nor time coz by the time the UKBA opens your application form, send it to the payment processing team and once the payment is taken, you'd have crossed those 3 days and I bet even before sending it to the Case Worker Unit your documents would be re-directed to Settlement department.

My Advise : To delay it further send a Personal Cheque which could atleast take two days to clear.
Damanisshallo Thanks for your opinion. You did mention that you know someone who got ILR 33 days short of completing 10 years. Is it recent case? Secondly is there anything I can do now or just wait? Thirdly if it does get refused, will they return my passport to make a fresh application as that solicitor is suggesting and legally can I do that? your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Section 3C

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:23 am

zak786 wrote:Damanisshallo Thanks for your opinion. You did mention that you know someone who got ILR 33 days short of completing 10 years. Is it recent case? Secondly is there anything I can do now or just wait? Thirdly if it does get refused, will they return my passport to make a fresh application as that solicitor is suggesting and legally can I do that? your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks
It was back in Jan 2012. You got to wait for a decision. If they do (GOD forbidden) refuse your application, they should allow you with an appeal right as you do not have any more valid leave. I suspect the suggestion made by your solicitor. I think Section 3C/3D would be lapsed if you make a fresh application. However, you can appeal and win.

Show your solicitor the below just to ensure if he is aware of this.
UKBA wrote:If no appeal is brought in time, leave to remain which is extended by 3C or 3D will lapse
Skydrives, Templates

zak786

Re: Section 3C

Post by zak786 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:32 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
zak786 wrote:Damanisshallo Thanks for your opinion. You did mention that you know someone who got ILR 33 days short of completing 10 years. Is it recent case? Secondly is there anything I can do now or just wait? Thirdly if it does get refused, will they return my passport to make a fresh application as that solicitor is suggesting and legally can I do that? your opinion will be highly appreciated. Thanks
It was back in Jan 2012. You got to wait for a decision. If they do (GOD forbidden) refuse your application, they should allow you with an appeal right as you do not have any more valid leave. I suspect the suggestion made by your solicitor. I think Section 3C/3D would be lapsed if you make a fresh application. However, you can appeal and win.

Show your solicitor the below just to ensure if he is aware of this.
UKBA wrote:If no appeal is brought in time, leave to remain which is extended by 3C or 3D will lapse
Thanks for the information. Actually i was also apprehensive making a new application without valid leave to remain. However if things do come to appeal, what would be the grounds of my appeal?

Thanks

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:49 am

Skydrives, Templates

nand1980redd
Newly Registered

10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by nand1980redd » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:22 am

Hello every one,

wanted your advice with regard to 10 years ILR

6 years student
2 years PSW
2 years Tier1

no long gaps only visited india 2 times in 10 years
1 visit was for 4 months
2 visit was for 5 months
my tier1 visa is going to expire on the 1 feb 2013 i came to uk on student visa 31 Jan 2003 can i be eligible for the 10 years visa as my visa is going to expire on the 1 feb 2013 can i apply for the 10 years visa after Jan 1 2013 will i be elligible As i already said the entry date is 31 Jan 2003 on my passport when i first entered the Uk as student but i actually got my entry clearance on the 10 Nov 2002 my question is should i have to count the entry date to UK or else can i start from the Entry Clearance from 10 Nov 2003 the visa issue Date as there is provision that you can apply for the ILR if you have entered the Uk with in the 90 days period from the date of issue of the visa, Can you please clarify with regard to this

your advice is very much appreciated

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: 10 years long residence SET (O) applications

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:25 am

nand1980redd wrote:my tier1 visa is going to expire on the 1 feb 2013 i came to uk on student visa 31 Jan 2003 can i be eligible for the 10 years visa as my visa is going to expire on the 1 feb 2013 can i apply for the 10 years visa after Jan 1 2013
First thing first, I presume 90 days does not apply to 10 Yr LR Rule. Second whats the point to argue on this NOW as you've already crossed that period in question.

It is 3rd of Jan today, you can apply any time between today and 1 Feb 2013.

31 Jan Minus 28 days ; you qualify to apply
Skydrives, Templates

specy_99
United Kingdom

Post by specy_99 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:09 pm

Has anyone in August heard any good news?

I know there are june/july applicants still waiting...but I saw someone who applied in september and got it soon...think it was FLR to SETO application.

I am getting a little impatient :(

zak786

Post by zak786 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:39 pm

Damanisshallo wrote:possibly this
Thanks a lot

kebl303

Post by kebl303 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 pm

[quote="specy_99"]Has anyone in August heard any good news?
([/quote]

No good news yet. I applied in August. With the way things are, I think I will start getting worried in April!

K

s4sam
Newly Registered

June-12

Post by s4sam » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:19 am

Hello All,

Applied 06/06/2012, Biometric enrolled 28/08/2012 & Currently in Tier 1 General (Exp 15th Mar). Its been 7 months today I applied, and almost losing hope as each day passes...! Wrote UKBA a letter, Faxed, MP also involved, however, no update or reply as yet.

Why & What is UKBA doing? Why are they charging such a high fee if they can't meet sensible service standards. 6 months wait is worst than a third world country service standard. Why are some people getting replies in 4/4.5 months? doesn't this so called back log applies to them? what else can i do? immigrants are humans and not all of them are illegal or bogus students!!

Personally always thought UK has mostly chosen wrong people to grant settlement, where as accountants, engineers, analysts, genuine and decent people are often neglected and/or go through agony.

Any thoughts by some helpful human beings here and thanks all.

Regards

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:23 am

Sorry Sam but none has an answer for that.

Only God knows (if he exists - and thats a different topic)

S

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: June-12

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:34 am

s4sam wrote:Why are some people getting replies in 4/4.5 months? doesn't this so called back log applies to them? Personally always thought UK has mostly chosen wrong people to grant settlement, where as accountants, engineers, analysts, genuine and decent people are often neglected and/or go through agony.

All I can think of is; "Nobody gets anything before the right time, and more than what is in his/her fate"
Skydrives, Templates

Hwima
Mood:
Zimbabwe

Re: June-12

Post by Hwima » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:15 am

Damanisshallo wrote:
s4sam wrote:Why are some people getting replies in 4/4.5 months? doesn't this so called back log applies to them? Personally always thought UK has mostly chosen wrong people to grant settlement, where as accountants, engineers, analysts, genuine and decent people are often neglected and/or go through agony.

All I can think of is; "Nobody gets anything before the right time, and more than what is in his/her fate"

Well said Daminisshallo. I would avoid thinking of my right to be treated fairly being fairer than others especially when its not up to them what happens after the application is submitted. We all are equally frustrated but whilst we use these forums to strengthen each other in these trying times it would discourage people to share their honest and useful experiences if we aren't careful of the words we use when its not going so well. I hope your response will come sooner s4sam because I have another five weeks to reach your timeline and with the kind of feeling I have I can't imagine this torment lasting another day longer. Good luck

Haider
Mood:
Bangladesh

early application ...

Post by Haider » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:38 am

Hi everyone,

is there anyway one can apply for ILR under 10 year long category earlier if they have valid visa exceeding 10 year? thnx.

Spidery_thread
Member of Standing

Re: early application ...

Post by Spidery_thread » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:43 am

Haider wrote:Hi everyone,

is there anyway one can apply for ILR under 10 year long category earlier if they have valid visa exceeding 10 year? thnx.
@Haider,

Yes, up to 28 days before qualifying period for ILR.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.