ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2- Change of Employment

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jobseeker0304
Newly Registered

Tier 2- Change of Employment

Post by jobseeker0304 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:02 am

Hi,

I am currently on Tier 2 Long term and would be appearing in end of January for a change of Visa Type to Tier 2 Gen via UKBA premium service (same-day service).I have been assigned an Unrestricted COS by my new sponsor and as per my previous communication on immigration boards I qualify for a change of visa Type.

I have following query:-
When I appear for the interview would I get the result the very same day and would I be provided with a document to confirm the same so that I can resign from my current employer or should I wait for my Passport and new BRP to arrive before I resign?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:58 am

if it is a straightforward case and your application and CoS are in order you will get the decision on the same day. If there are questions arising from the application you will not.
See para 197 of the T2 policy guidance as to commencing your new job. This would also apply to resigning your present job.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

jobseeker0304
Newly Registered

Post by jobseeker0304 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:10 pm

Thanks Manci.

I think the best would be to wait till the BRP arrives and I would expect that even my new sponsors would want the same as they would not want to pay a civil penalty.