ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation - been absent from the uk

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

djsmallz
Newly Registered

naturalisation - been absent from the uk

Post by djsmallz » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:04 pm

hello guys

I have been readign through this forum and it has been of a great help. well i have been granted ILR in 2009 and since then i have been outside of the uk for quite a lot of times. during end 2009 and mid 2010 i have been away for mainly business however since then i have been very ill so i spent a great deal of time outside uk for medical treatments with our family doctor in my native country. the worst time was this year 2012. i left the uk early november 2011; i came back in april 2012, i spent 1 month exactly, i left the uk in may 2012 and just got back. i take it i have to be in the UK for 90 days before i can even think about apply for the citizenship isnt it? could there be a discretion since i have evidence of deep sickness during my absence?

Thanks for everything

vinitmanu
Member of Standing

Re: naturalisation - been absent from the uk

Post by vinitmanu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:17 pm

djsmallz wrote: i take it i have to be in the UK for 90 days before i can even think about apply for the citizenship isnt it?
Normally, you shouldn't be 'out' of the UK for more than 90 days in the past year to be eligible for Naturalisation.