ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2(G)application sent without sponsor licence

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crazyjelly
Newly Registered

Re: Help with Accountant Job Code 2421

Post by crazyjelly » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:11 pm

vinay1986 wrote:Hi guys, I just want some clarifications before going forward:

1. I am currently registered with ACCA and have been exempted with F1, F2, F3 and F4. I assume I am part I qualified?

2. If yes, can I apply as assistant accountant Job code 2421 quoting a salary of £20,001 per annum (more than £20K and above min for part I qualified which is £14,000)?

I really do not want to take any risks and I would really like your advise guys. Further, do I have to attach my ACCA student number /ID Card?
Hi Vinay1986,

I’ve applied under the same code (2421) too. The only difference is I am registered with CIMA rather than ACCA. We did experience some difficulties in finding the right code as 2421 specifies ACCA and we weren’t sure if it applies to CIMA candidates too. Phoned the UKBA and they failed to clarify/ confirm that but anyway, the agency that deals with my company’s sponsorship license and my visa application has put me under the code 2421 with a job title “Accounts Assistant” rather than Trainee Accountant which was listed on my contract. They didn’t classify me as “Assistant Accountant” as it requires higher qualification (i.e. have passed all professional papers or at the final stage) and thus, higher wage requirement...

I had finished all my fundamental papers (got no exemptions as my degree wasn’t accounting and finance related) plus 1 professional paper at the point when my visa application was submitted and so, my company/the agency put me thro as part 1 qualified under 2421 and am on the same wage as yours (well £ 1 less lol ). They have both guaranteed that am on the right wage and right code so there shouldn’t be any problems with my application (m hoping they are right!).

I have not been asked for my CIMA ID or student number so I guess it’s not necessary?! A friend of my mine who’s already got her visa granted said she had not been asked anything about her CIMA ID/ student number either (she applied under another SOC code tho - > Finance Analyst).
I had my biometrics done on 15/12/12 and my company has finally obtained its sponsorship license yesterday...guess my application will be processed very soon! Will let you know how it goes...fingers crossed!!!!!!!

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Job title

Post by vinay1986 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:34 pm

Hi there guys, thanks for your replies.

I think we will have to use the word accountant, so I am thinking of quoting - Junior Accountant - Code 2421 (ACCA Level 1 Qualified).

What I am confused about is if Part 1 Qualified refers to F1, F2, and F3 because previously Level 1 used to be 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 which has been replaced by F1, f2 and F3. I do not know if anyone has any information with regards to this? Being exempted from these papers, I assume I am ACCA Level 1 Qualified?

TAK
Newly Registered

Post by TAK » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:55 pm

:cry: Application refused, the email requesting further documents were in the junk folder of the HR and deadline passed, UKBA refused the application. Need to apply again!!

TAK
Newly Registered

Post by TAK » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Is it possible if we apply again and request them for priority case processing at the same time?

Anamik

Re: Certificate issued

Post by Anamik » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:33 pm

vinay1986 wrote:Hi guys, I just wanted to update you all that my company has just been added to the list of sponsor. It took like a week and we have been assigned an A Rated.
Hi Vinay ,
congrats to get licence in so short time.

My company has applied in a first week of Dec but still don't have any reply.
Any advice on this will greatly appreciated. My visa expiring on early Feb.

gameover_786

Post by gameover_786 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:46 pm

TAK wrote:Is it possible if we apply again and request them for priority case processing at the same time?
yes that is very much possible. we did the same in my case. hope it also work for you.

Regards

akjee
Newly Registered

Post by akjee » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:23 pm

Gameover_786! Amazing news! Great to know things worked out so well in the end. Its a great story and you came out winning. Celebrate it! Its well deserved.

My deadline is March 02, 2013 and my employer has applied for their license mid december. I'm planning to ask them to put in an urgent request before the end of this month. And apply without COS with cover letter, the last week of February and cross my fingers.

Hoping it will work out.

Does anyone know if they have expedited processing licences? Any information on that will help.

Thank You!

gameover_786 wrote:Hi all,

God is great, guys i got my visa today. I received my passport and other supporting document back with a letter confirming that my application has been successful and i should expect to receive my Bio metric card in the next few days. Which they already try to delivery me yesterday.

I am very happy today as the long wait paid off. Thanks God, and i would like to thanks all the user of this forum who ever reply to my post and gave their suggestions and ideas. I wish you all very best of luck who are waiting for a decision.

Thank you once again. I will give you an update tomorrow about the bio-metric card.

Cheers

vinay1986
Newly Registered

They seem to be going faster now

Post by vinay1986 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:40 pm

We got ours in like a week...

[quote="akjee"]Gameover_786! Amazing news! Great to know things worked out so well in the end. Its a great story and you came out winning. Celebrate it! Its well deserved.

My deadline is March 02, 2013 and my employer has applied for their license mid december. I'm planning to ask them to put in an urgent request before the end of this month. And apply without COS with cover letter, the last week of February and cross my fingers.

Hoping it will work out.

Does anyone know if they have expedited processing licences? Any information on that will help.

Thank You!

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Made my application

Post by vinay1986 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:41 pm

I made my application today by post as the premium service is full; :(

Kinda scary having had to post my passport, will keep you guys updated.

vinay1986
Newly Registered

Royal Mail managed to deliver my application-

Post by vinay1986 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 am

Your item with reference XXXXXXXXXXX was delivered before 08:23 on XX/01/13.
As the item was redirected, it will have taken longer than usual. Please ensure the correct address is used for future mailings.

This address looks kinda odd because it never gets delivered correctly: PO BOX 182, Bootle, L30 4WJ

Regarding License for Sponsor - As I said previously, my company applied late December and we got it in a week. We applied under medium company though fees: £1500

Anamik

Post by Anamik » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm

akjee wrote: My deadline is March 02, 2013 and my employer has applied for their license mid december. I'm planning to ask them to put in an urgent request before the end of this month. And apply without COS with cover letter, the last week of February and cross my fingers.

Hoping it will work out.

Thank You!
Hi Akjee,

My company applied in a first week of Dec. On 1st week Jan we get a message of documents checking but don't have any update after that.

As you applied during the same time I would like to know the status of your application. So we will get a good idea of whats going on ther??

Thanks
Anamik

wpuk2013

Switching to Tier 2 while in PSW appliciation in appeal

Post by wpuk2013 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Hi,

Can I go for Tier 2 application while I'm waiting for my psw appeal decisions. My visa was expired before the HO decesion.

As far as I know, I can't go for variation while I'm in appeal, but can I go for Tier 2, immidatley after the decision (if it's not in my favour). Or will be better if I go back to my home country (after decision) and apply from their.

Thank you.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:18 am

any one here who applied in August and waiting for decision?

gentleman
Newly Registered

advertisement

Post by gentleman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:36 am

Hi guys, I have a question. As I am going for tier 2 visa now. My company is going to apply for licence in couple of days. And also I wanted to ask, do my company needs to give advertisement for the job or is not necessary as I am already working for the company?

ej1981
Newly Registered

Post by ej1981 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:48 am

jibri wrote:any one here who applied in August and waiting for decision?
Here!
My company applied it in May 2012; we made an urgent treatment in Dec. 2012 when my visa was nearly expired.
I've submitted my application without the page for sponsorship info on my visa expired date of 6th Jan 2013. We emailed to UKBA several times, the only reply was "Your application is with one of our caseworkers, a decision is under consideration"
I have just received a letter asking me to do biometrics. I wonder should I do it now or wait for a little long.
:cry:

akjee
Newly Registered

Response to status request

Post by akjee » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:14 pm

Sponsor licence applied: Dec 15, 2012

Our HR requested processing status: Jan 23, 2013

Response to status request: Jan 24, 2013

Response: "Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the application has now been decided.

We are not able to divulge the decision but can advise that your decision letter, along with supporting evidence, has been returned by recorded delivery.

Ref: XXXXXXXXXXX
Posted on: awaiting dispatch

Yours Sincerely
Kimberley Spamer | Customer Service Advisor"

We are expecting delivery by tomorrow or Monday. Fingers crossed.

BTW, the sponsor list released today (24 Jan 2013) did not have our company name on it. Not sure if this is updated with the latest information.

My visa expires on Mar 02, 2013. So if my company gets a refusal and has to resubmit I shall apply by post on Feb 26, 2013 and go through a similar track as our esteemed users on this Gameover_786 and Hashmil.

Hope this helps.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Re: Response to status request

Post by hashmil » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:57 pm

akjee wrote:Sponsor licence applied: Dec 15, 2012

Our HR requested processing status: Jan 23, 2013

Response to status request: Jan 24, 2013

Response: "Thank you for your email.

I have checked our records and can confirm the application has now been decided.

We are not able to divulge the decision but can advise that your decision letter, along with supporting evidence, has been returned by recorded delivery.

Ref: XXXXXXXXXXX
Posted on: awaiting dispatch

Yours Sincerely
Kimberley Spamer | Customer Service Advisor"

We are expecting delivery by tomorrow or Monday. Fingers crossed.

BTW, the sponsor list released today (24 Jan 2013) did not have our company name on it. Not sure if this is updated with the latest information.

My visa expires on Mar 02, 2013. So if my company gets a refusal and has to resubmit I shall apply by post on Feb 26, 2013 and go through a similar track as our esteemed users on this Gameover_786 and Hashmil.

Hope this helps.
Usually the name appears on the sponsor list before you get the letter confirming it. Anyways fingers crossed.

If it has got refused, make sure to get all the documents again, and DOUBLE and TRIPLE check if it is correct. Some documents need to be certified by a solicitor, and where there are originals you HAVE to send the originals. We did this mistake, and as a result out first round got refused. (for sponsor registration). Thankfully the second round we got everything in place, and requested for urgent treatment and got it with A-rated sponsorship.

And we got the sponsorship only after my PSW visa was expiring, therefore, like i've said countless times on this thread before, i had to send my application BEFORE it expired. this gave me the right to stay and work. and after i got my CoS i mailed it to them with a cover letter from the company explaining the delay.

The UKBA had connected the post i sent earlier with the CoS. However my visa was refused, not because the CoS was delayed, but because they had made a mistake. (my job was a NQF4-Creative, and they had refused it beause it wasn't a NQF6. Immigration Rules states that it CAN be NQF4-Creative). I notified UKBA about this and sent my appeal. Thankfully they got in touch with me and have aknowledged the mistake, and in the process of withdrawing my appeal from their end so that they can re-consider my application. so hopefully by next week i should get it back :) fingers crossed.

and good luck to you too!

ej1981
Newly Registered

Post by ej1981 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi all,

I have received a letter for biometrics invite, but my company is still waiting for CoS. Company's license application was made in May last year; my visa application was made on 6 Jan 2013. Should I just go ahead to get biometrics done... or wait? Any advice?

Thanks.

akjee
Newly Registered

Response from UKBA has arrived...

Post by akjee » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:58 pm

Hello all,

Hashmil, You were spot on! They refused my employers sponsor registration due to uncertificable documentation and also the delay in sending documents (within 14 days) after online application, and also that one of the documents had become outdated by the time the case worker got to it.

Below is the response from UKBA.

"
Application for Sponsor licence: Tier 2 (General) / Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)

Thank you for your application to become a sponsor of Tier 2 (General) and Tier-2 (Intra-Company Transfer) migrats withing the points based system (PBS). In line with the published guidance, your application has been rejected for the following reason.

The submission sheet and supporting documents for this application were not received within 14 days of submission of the electronic application.

Please also note that the certificate of employers' liability insurance is unacceptable as it is an uncertified copy.
"

Our HR has promised to send the documents as soon as they are available, possibly in the next 2 days.

I need someone's help on drafting the URGENT TREATMENT request to UKBA which we intend to attach with the re-application. What details should be included in this letter ? And who should we address this to ? Does one have to follow up this letter once my employer sends documents to the UKBA ? Any more insights into this request will help.

So today is Jan 28, when my employer received the refusal. Assuming worst case they make the second application on 31-Jan (online and speed post etc) with an URGENT TREATMENT request, how soon will UKBA be able to turn around with a response ? My visa expires on 02 March. We know Vinay and Hasmil had gone through this and to an extent gameover_786 as well. Guys, please do let me know if you would have done anything different on the urgent treatment request to expedite the process when re-submitting the sponsor license registration application.

Thanks for your help.

jibri
BANNED

Re: Response from UKBA has arrived...

Post by jibri » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:38 am

akjee wrote:Hello all,

Hashmil, You were spot on! They refused my employers sponsor registration due to uncertificable documentation and also the delay in sending documents (within 14 days) after online application, and also that one of the documents had become outdated by the time the case worker got to it.

Below is the response from UKBA.

"
Application for Sponsor licence: Tier 2 (General) / Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer)

Thank you for your application to become a sponsor of Tier 2 (General) and Tier-2 (Intra-Company Transfer) migrats withing the points based system (PBS). In line with the published guidance, your application has been rejected for the following reason.

The submission sheet and supporting documents for this application were not received within 14 days of submission of the electronic application.

Please also note that the certificate of employers' liability insurance is unacceptable as it is an uncertified copy.
"

Our HR has promised to send the documents as soon as they are available, possibly in the next 2 days.

I need someone's help on drafting the URGENT TREATMENT request to UKBA which we intend to attach with the re-application. What details should be included in this letter ? And who should we address this to ? Does one have to follow up this letter once my employer sends documents to the UKBA ? Any more insights into this request will help.

So today is Jan 28, when my employer received the refusal. Assuming worst case they make the second application on 31-Jan (online and speed post etc) with an URGENT TREATMENT request, how soon will UKBA be able to turn around with a response ? My visa expires on 02 March. We know Vinay and Hasmil had gone through this and to an extent gameover_786 as well. Guys, please do let me know if you would have done anything different on the urgent treatment request to expedite the process when re-submitting the sponsor license registration application.

Thanks for your help.
Hi akjee

Hope everything will be fine this time for you. I just saw that one of document is expiring on 2/2/13 and we submitted application on 14/8/12 now what you recon? Its not our fault if they delay and they can't just reject the application on these basis??

abhimanyuch
Newly Registered

UKBA Sponsor Licence Renewal

Post by abhimanyuch » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Guys - I have been actively going through all your post. I am on the same ground with a little twist.

I am currently on Tier 2 General and my Visa is expiring on 10th March 2013. My Company had its licence renewal due on the 27th Nov 2013 however due to some additional paperwork requested by UKBA - it has still not been renewed!! All the documents have been sent across as I have been told and my company is constantly chasing UKBA with the help of an Immigration Lawyer. My company still posses the licence however cannot apply for COS as the application is still under verification - I have been checking the list of Sponsors regularly however no luck yet!

Wanted to check if it's still doesn't get approved in the next 5 weeks- can I send my appliaction without COS with a covering letter from the company HR , Licence number along with the date of licence renewal?

Any reply would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks,
Abhi.

Links
Newly Registered

Re: Royal Mail managed to deliver my application-

Post by Links » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:45 am

Hi vinay1986,

My circumstances are similar to yours. I work for an asset management company in Edinburgh. My company got sponsorship license in time. I applied online and sent out my documents to the same address as you on 14 January. They got delivered on 16 January with the same delivery confirmation from Royal Mail - "As the item was redirected, it will have taken longer than usual. Please ensure the correct address is used for future mailings".

Did you receive any kind of confirmation letter from UKBA about them receiving your documents? As I haven't heard back from them, I'm wondering whether this is normal.

Thanks!
vinay1986 wrote:Your item with reference XXXXXXXXXXX was delivered before 08:23 on XX/01/13.
As the item was redirected, it will have taken longer than usual. Please ensure the correct address is used for future mailings.

This address looks kinda odd because it never gets delivered correctly: PO BOX 182, Bootle, L30 4WJ

Regarding License for Sponsor - As I said previously, my company applied late December and we got it in a week. We applied under medium company though fees: £1500

JS28
Member of Standing

Post by JS28 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Hi,

My visa is expiring on the 16th of March 2013. I literally have 5 weeks to apply. I will hopefully send it off once we have received the UCOS. Worst scenario, what could be reason of refusal? and if I got refused, will I be able to apply again even though my visa has run out?

This is my background: I am a FUrther Education teacher (SOC code 2312). I am contracted for 32 and half hours on site and 5 hours off site. My salary is £22,900 annually. I am currently on a Fixed-term contract which finishes in July 2013.

Can anyone tell me if there's anything wrong with my situation that could lead to a refusal?

These are the documents i will be preparing. Can anyone please tell me if there is missing

1.) original Degree Certificate
2.) Passbook showing £900 for the last 90 days. Letter from Bank
3.) bank Statement showing salary paid.
4.) Letter from the HR confirming employment
5.) Photograph
6.) Passport
7.) special delivery envelope
8.)Application fee

Thank you

urbannomad
Newly Registered

My experience applying for a sponsorship license

Post by urbannomad » Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:59 pm

This topic on the forum helped me a lot whilst I was going through my Tier 2 sponsorship process, so I am posting about my experience in case it helps anyone else.

Background of my story: I was on Tier 1 PSW expiring Dec 9th 2012. I had planned to stay in the UK through my partner either via unmarried partner visa or marriage. However, our relationship ended in June so I had to mobilise to make other plans. I had been working for my organisation for over two years and part-time throughout my Tier 4 visa. Therefore I was in a reasonable position to negotiate sponsorship with them, even though my employer is a small charity. I did all the research myself on the process of applying for a sponsorship license, distilled it to a two-page document, and presented it to my HR director and my line manager to make a persuasive case for sponsoring me - showing that whilst it appeared complicated, sponsorship was actually quite a straightforward process. My employer agreed and we applied for a sponsorship license on Aug 10th 2012.

By mid-November 2012, a few weeks shy of my visa expiring, we had heard nothing. I started following these forums and based on advice from here and by ringing a few solicitors for free consultation, I planned on applying without a CoS and sponsorship license no., with a cover letter explaining my situation. For due diligence, we sent a query and were told that the application was not yet even in their database and that they were processing applications from mid-April. We were advised in the automated response that urgent queries could not be sent until 10 days before the expiration of leave a migrant the organisation wanted to sponsor. Hence 10 working days before my visa was due to expire, we sent another query requesting urgent expediting of the license application, attaching a scanned copy of my visa stamp as proof of expiry date. Although I did not expect the urgent query to yield any results, I wanted to include it in my incomplete application just to show we had done all our due diligence.

Amazingly, we received a personalised and instructive response to the urgent query stating that the application was in final stages and that the best thing to do was apply with an incomplete application. It was useful at that stage to have advice from the UKBA sponsor helpline advising me to do as I was planning.

Even more amazingly, the urgent query actually seemed to have some impact and expedite the application. Because, lo and behold, four days before my visa expired, we got notice that the sponsorship license had been issued! A very close call! We issued my CoS the very next day and I was able to complete the missing parts of my Tier 2 application and submit on time. After that the process was seamless and my biometric enrolment, and return of passport and issuance of BRP all happened within five weeks despite it being over the holidays.

So in summary my advice would be to follow the rules and don't hassle the UKBA with queries, but submit your urgent query 10 days before, and prove you have done your homework . I would also advise getting your T2 application ready but not submit till as late as possible in case it does come through last minute as mine did. Finally, do record-keep all your correspondence with the UKBA so you can submit it along with your incomplete application if that becomes your last resort.

JS28
Member of Standing

Re: My experience applying for a sponsorship license

Post by JS28 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:06 pm

urbannomad wrote:This topic on the forum helped me a lot whilst I was going through my Tier 2 sponsorship process, so I am posting about my experience in case it helps anyone else.

Background of my story: I was on Tier 1 PSW expiring Dec 9th 2012. I had planned to stay in the UK through my partner either via unmarried partner visa or marriage. However, our relationship ended in June so I had to mobilise to make other plans. I had been working for my organisation for over two years and part-time throughout my Tier 4 visa. Therefore I was in a reasonable position to negotiate sponsorship with them, even though my employer is a small charity. I did all the research myself on the process of applying for a sponsorship license, distilled it to a two-page document, and presented it to my HR director and my line manager to make a persuasive case for sponsoring me - showing that whilst it appeared complicated, sponsorship was actually quite a straightforward process. My employer agreed and we applied for a sponsorship license on Aug 10th 2012.

By mid-November 2012, a few weeks shy of my visa expiring, we had heard nothing. I started following these forums and based on advice from here and by ringing a few solicitors for free consultation, I planned on applying without a CoS and sponsorship license no., with a cover letter explaining my situation. For due diligence, we sent a query and were told that the application was not yet even in their database and that they were processing applications from mid-April. We were advised in the automated response that urgent queries could not be sent until 10 days before the expiration of leave a migrant the organisation wanted to sponsor. Hence 10 working days before my visa was due to expire, we sent another query requesting urgent expediting of the license application, attaching a scanned copy of my visa stamp as proof of expiry date. Although I did not expect the urgent query to yield any results, I wanted to include it in my incomplete application just to show we had done all our due diligence.

Amazingly, we received a personalised and instructive response to the urgent query stating that the application was in final stages and that the best thing to do was apply with an incomplete application. It was useful at that stage to have advice from the UKBA sponsor helpline advising me to do as I was planning.

Even more amazingly, the urgent query actually seemed to have some impact and expedite the application. Because, lo and behold, four days before my visa expired, we got notice that the sponsorship license had been issued! A very close call! We issued my CoS the very next day and I was able to complete the missing parts of my Tier 2 application and submit on time. After that the process was seamless and my biometric enrolment, and return of passport and issuance of BRP all happened within five weeks despite it being over the holidays.

So in summary my advice would be to follow the rules and don't hassle the UKBA with queries, but submit your urgent query 10 days before, and prove you have done your homework . I would also advise getting your T2 application ready but not submit till as late as possible in case it does come through last minute as mine did. Finally, do record-keep all your correspondence with the UKBA so you can submit it along with your incomplete application if that becomes your last resort.
Hi Urbannomad: Can you please recommend any solicitor that I can call for free advice? I am really worried about my application :( thanks