ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance rejected for my friends spouse

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

myTier1
Newly Registered

Entry clearance rejected for my friends spouse

Post by myTier1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:40 pm

Hi

my friend is in Tier 2 visa here working for a very big reputed firm in UK

he applied for the visa to his wife.

UKBA rejected saying the financial statements are not within 28days

but the rule says the statement has to be within 31 days. he applied on 29th day.

now he has sent an email to UKBA and waiting for the reply

any advice please?

thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:07 pm

Here is the relevant paragraph in appendix E. We can't see the statements or know the date she applied to verify the facts, so that's probably about all you can hope for in the way of advice.

(m) The end date of the 90-day and 28-day periods referred to in (g) above will be taken as the date of the closing balance on the most recent of the specified documents (where specified documents from two or more accounts are submitted, this will be the end date for the account that most favours the applicant), as set out in paragraph 1B of Appendix C, and must be no earlier than 31 days before the date of application.

myTier1
Newly Registered

Post by myTier1 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Exactly this is the point. the rule says 31 days, but the letter he received says 28 days. i am sure this is the mistake on UKBA side unless they have solid proof why they claim it is more than 28 days