ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Undertaking Course Related to Job on Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ktmcwhirter
Newly Registered

Undertaking Course Related to Job on Tier 2

Post by ktmcwhirter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi All
While on a Tier 2, are there any restrictions or requirements about undertaking a course directly related to your employment? (i.e. I work in Marketing and need to undertaking a CIM certification in marketing).

Any help is of course greatly appreciated!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:44 pm

Reading the title of your thread, for a minute, I thought you wanted to train to be a funeral director!

Yes, you can undertake a course of study as long as you continue to follow the conditions of your Tier 2 leave.

ktmcwhirter
Newly Registered

Post by ktmcwhirter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:46 pm

haha no, as far as I can tell I won't need a course on funeral direction while working in education marketing! :)

Just so I can show my HR director, can you point to an official word from the UKBA on this?

Many thanks!!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:50 pm

191. You can study if you wish. There is no limit on the number of hours you can study or the type or level of course, provided this does not interfere with the job you have been sponsored to do. You can study anywhere you choose and you do not have to study with a sponsor registered under Tier 4 of the points-based system.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

ktmcwhirter
Newly Registered

Post by ktmcwhirter » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:15 pm

If only the UKBA was as efficient and helpful :)

Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:27 pm

All the information is there if you know how to navigate the UKBA site. I'll give you a tip: on any open webpage or PDF, you can hit Ctrl + F, and this will open the search field to location and all instances of your chosen word or phrase.