ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Evidence of Absence? New Set(O) Form!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

matiq

Evidence of Absence? New Set(O) Form!!!

Post by matiq » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi,

On page 13 of new Set (O) form 12/12 ver - they are asking ...

"Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories, and those applying under the Tier 1 (General); Business person; Self-employed person;
Investor; Innovator; Writer; Composer, and Artist categories."

My Background is HMSP + Tier(1) General. I am going to apply for ILR soon under Tier(1) General.

My total absents from UK in last 5 years are 33 days (26 Annual Leave/Personal and 7 Official/Business Tour)

Do I need to provide Evidence? Though I do not have any coz all of my absentees are back in 2008/09 with my old employer i.e. before my LLR

I have couple of quick visit to my EU office when I flied on one day and came back next day. Will that be considered as 1 day absent? Though technically both days I was partially in UK

Thanks in Advance!

matiq

Post by matiq » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:18 pm

Just to add: None of my absentees were due to "compelling or compassionate reasons"!!!

If I read the whole sentence again and again, I get the message that I only need to declare it in case of "compelling or compassionate reasons" which is not true in my case

Can some Moderate OR Guru can reconfirm this please???

Thanks!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Recent successful applicants have reported that there were no enquiries made on absences within the 180 day limit. I wouldn't worry given it us only that few days.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Re: Evidence of Absence? New Set(O) Form!!!

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:05 am

matiq wrote:Hi,

On page 13 of new Set (O) form 12/12 ver - they are asking ...

"Evidence of absence due to compelling or compassionate reasons is also required from all of the above
categories, and those applying under the Tier 1 (General); Business person; Self-employed person;
Investor; Innovator; Writer; Composer, and Artist categories."

My Background is HMSP + Tier(1) General. I am going to apply for ILR soon under Tier(1) General.

My total absents from UK in last 5 years are 33 days (26 Annual Leave/Personal and 7 Official/Business Tour)

Do I need to provide Evidence? Though I do not have any coz all of my absentees are back in 2008/09 with my old employer i.e. before my LLR

I have couple of quick visit to my EU office when I flied on one day and came back next day. Will that be considered as 1 day absent? Though technically both days I was partially in UK
You don't need and employer letter for the absences you mention as due to annual leave and business purposes as you are applying as Tier 1 G Migrant. Note you still have to list the absences in the required section of the SET(O) form, but when calculating the total number of absences, you should exclude the departure & arrival dates.

sriram_raj81
Newly Registered

180 days limit

Post by sriram_raj81 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:58 am

Hi ,
Wpilr_12

Can you please confirm that 180 days limit which you quoted ,is that 180 days shouldn't be consecutive in a row or for over all absent days in 5 years.

Thanks in advance

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: 180 days limit

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:11 am

sriram_raj81 wrote:Hi ,
Wpilr_12

Can you please confirm that 180 days limit which you quoted ,is that 180 days shouldn't be consecutive in a row or for over all absent days in 5 years.

Thanks in advance
Start your own thread.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

matiq

Post by matiq » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks Chaps!

You guys are always helpful!