ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Contracts and a few other questions- Need advice

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sar78
BANNED

Contracts and a few other questions- Need advice

Post by Sar78 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:35 pm

Could anyone please assist me with the format of the contract required? I'm not sure what to put on it, etc.
Also, should I tell my client to expect a call from the UKBA to confirm his details or not? I'm not sure if the client is contacted but if this happens then I suppose I should let him know in advance.
"the name of the other party/parties involved in the contract and their contact details. These must include their full address including postal code, landline phone number and any email address"

The guidance mentions that the contract should have the client's landline number. None of my clients have provided a landline number, just their mobile numbers, will that not suffice?

Thank you for your help.
Last edited by Sar78 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:42 am, edited 5 times in total.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:45 am

Also, as a self employed person, can I register a company after getting my visa, or will that cause a problem when I apply for an extension? I only recently started my work so will probably have to apply for the small earnings certificate.

Also, is being self employed as a French tutor acceptable for the visa?
Last edited by Sar78 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:51 pm

Could someone please advise? Thank you.

entreprenuer11
- thin ice -

Post by entreprenuer11 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:15 am

Hi
If you are registered as self employed, you do not need to register your company. However, you must register with HMRC.

Also, UKBA guidelines require you toprovide a landline number so please do not ignore it. Why dont you buy a virtual landline number for your client they are cheap.

UKBA may contact your client as they did the same with one of my friend.

good luck

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:36 am

entreprenuer11 wrote:Hi
If you are registered as self employed, you do not need to register your company. However, you must register with HMRC.

Also, UKBA guidelines require you toprovide a landline number so please do not ignore it. Why dont you buy a virtual landline number for your client they are cheap.

UKBA may contact your client as they did the same with one of my friend.

good luck
Thank you for your reply. I only started recently and have two clients. Both of them only have mobile numbers. I'll look into the virtual landline number option, although I am unsure if they will agree to it. Do they usually call or email?

Also, I meant that once I get a visa as a self employed person, is it acceptable to change the business to a company while I am on the visa?

Thanks for the help once again.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:20 am

Hi,

You definitely need to provide the landline number, email address, contract details of party / parties including there postal code.

but this requirements for the party contact details who you signing contract with and I guess same applies to you who is providing services to the party.

So as per my understanding we need to provide the same information (full postal address including postcode, landline number, email address)

regards

Rehan

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 am

rehan01 wrote:Hi,

You definitely need to provide the landline number, email address, contract details of party / parties including there postal code.

but this requirements for the party contact details who you signing contract with and I guess same applies to you who is providing services to the party.

So as per my understanding we need to provide the same information (full postal address including postcode, landline number, email address)

regards

Rehan
Thanks. My clients don't have landlines, only mobiles. It's such a small technical matter, but looks like the contracts that I have with them, with all the other information in place, won't suffice.

Sar78
BANNED

Post by Sar78 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:05 pm

Will a skype virtual number suffice in place of a landline?