ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 JOB OFFERS 2 PERMITS ?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lisa71
Newly Registered

2 JOB OFFERS 2 PERMITS ?

Post by lisa71 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:15 pm

HI . please help if u can, if i was to receive 2 good job offers can i ask each employer to apply for a permit in case i is turned down ? or is it only legal / advisable to apply for 1 permit. thanks very much 4 your time

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:42 am

Any one ot oclarify this doubt .. a good question though ..... :-)

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:32 am

I can't answer the question exactly. But a couple of thoughts for consideration:

You clearly cannot hold more than one permit/visa at the same time.

However, in this case you are asking about allowing two employers to apply for work permits on your behalf.

It is a significant investment for an employer to make an application, so chances are they will not do so unless success seems assured.

Given that, if the jobs are indeed solid offers and your qualifications match, you are likely to have both work permits approved. Meaning, you will have to turn one employer down.

In that situation, I would expect the employer would have legitimate recourse to complain about you and seek compensation.

Do they have the right to request your other work permit be revoked ...? Probably not.

Now, the real question is, will immigration notice two applications on your behalf, and will that violate some rule? Will they stop both applications? Will they delay both or one?

Sorry. I don't know that answer off the top of my head.

The Admin

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:35 pm

I think two different employers can apply for two different permits at the same time for one employee. But I guess, the visa remains valid only one approved permit, which means the other permit is void the moment the visa is approved.

silentray

Post by silentray » Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:39 pm

I have the same problem currently. But I think my case is slightly easier than yours. I have already turned a employer down :)

My case is:

I am currently on a contracted job and work permit with my current employer "company X". I have been offered another contracted position in "company A" two weeks ago and they have sent the work permit application to the Home Office.

Immediately after that, I got a permament job offer from "company B" and I decided to take this one. I have contacted "company A" and they are OK with my decision but the work permit application has already been sent off.

This means that Home Office will see two work permit applications for me from two different companies at the same time, or see the work permit application from "company B" immediately after "company A". I am not sure if this will cause a problem for the work permit application for "company B" which I intended to go?

vin123
Member of Standing

Post by vin123 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:45 pm

The 'applicant' of Work permit as far as the WP office is concerned is actually the Employer, not the employee.
However, they will record the employee details provided in the application by the Employer.
If the approval is successful, it means permission granted to the employer to employ you to work, subject to your (employee) FLR clearance. This will be clearly stated in the approval letter.

In your case, company A may also contact the WP office and cancel their application. Either ways, it doesn’t really matter to you as long as Company B's application is successful and your FLR is successful.

silentray wrote:I have the same problem currently. But I think my case is slightly easier than yours. I have already turned a employer down :)

My case is:

I am currently on a contracted job and work permit with my current employer "company X". I have been offered another contracted position in "company A" two weeks ago and they have sent the work permit application to the Home Office.

Immediately after that, I got a permament job offer from "company B" and I decided to take this one. I have contacted "company A" and they are OK with my decision but the work permit application has already been sent off.

This means that Home Office will see two work permit applications for me from two different companies at the same time, or see the work permit application from "company B" immediately after "company A". I am not sure if this will cause a problem for the work permit application for "company B" which I intended to go?