ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Retail business OK to get enterprenure visa(PSW 50k)

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am

Urgent comments on the above topic would be highly appreciated please. How can retail business provide level 4 and above services to get visa? I have started a retail business (online & retail shop) but been told by couple of friends that its not enough to get above mentioned visa as the nature of the business is not providing level 4 & above services?
:? :? :? :?
Many Thanks in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:00 am

Your friends are right. A pharmacy retailer would be level 6 if you were a pharmacist, but any other type of shop or retail entity is only level 3 or less. You'll have to think of another idea.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:13 am

one more question.
what if i am doing designing (cloths and fashion) sort of retail busienss because i can start as i have planned designing cloths and fashion products as part of my existig bussiness.

Many Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:18 am

Code 3422 permits clothes designers (see below), but that is not a retail operation. Your business would, principally, have to be a design studio, but this would permit you to retail those goods. The retail side of the operation could not, at least at the initial application stage, be the tail that wags the dog.

Fashion designer and textile designer jobs that require licentiateship or associateship of the Textile Institute, or a qualification at or above NQF level 4 or an award of membership from the Chartered Society of Designers
Last edited by Lucapooka on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 am, edited 3 times in total.

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am

thanks alot for you kind advise. thats a sigh of relief for me you know:) i have spent arround 20k on my bussiness last month and my plane was that at the latter stages i would start doing designing of the clothes too. my idea is i would keep all the stuff in my retail store and give customer chance to chose type of fabric, chose colour and pattern of designs from pre printed catalog and i would get them ready for them. does it make any sense. i dont have any proffessional qualificaiton for this thogh but this is my idea as my business only sells specific sort of dresses (religious) and accessories.

Kind Regards

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Is Retail business OK to get enterprenure visa(PSW 50k)

Post by smehmood » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 am

Naheedsammar wrote:thanks alot for you kind advise. thats a sigh of relief for me you know:) i have spent arround 20k on my bussiness last month and my plane was that at the latter stages i would start doing designing of the clothes too. my idea is i would keep all the stuff in my retail store and give customer chance to chose type of fabric, chose colour and pattern of designs from pre printed catalog and i would get them ready for them. does it make any sense. i dont have any proffessional qualificaiton for this thogh but this is my idea as my business only sells specific sort of dresses (religious) and accessories.

Kind Regards
Hi

Please read GURU,s comments again. Retail does,nt fall in level 4 but fashion Desgin does with attached conditions.

Regards
Shaukat

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:49 am

Another Idea i got is starting business as accountancy technician as am working as Accounts Assistant and got about two years experience in this field but m not sure it works. setting up my own new company and getting financial software (Quick books or Sage) to run the sales and purchase ledger for my retail business and some other clients to help keep track of Income & expenses but am not qualified accountant and not sure this idea will work or not:)

Thanks alot for your prompt response as i know i am been pain asking so many question and taking your so much time but its really helping me to understand.

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:05 am

Accounting Technician job is NQF level 4, but you need to make sure that your contract with clients for your visa application do not show accounts assistant/book keeping responsibilties as they fall under NQF 4. As updating sales/purchase ledger are accounts assistant responsibilities which is not NQF 4 level. Please correct me if i am wrong.

Naheedsammar
United Kingdom

Post by Naheedsammar » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am

Thans a lot moazzam. Yes ofcourse it wont show on contracts with clint as it would only show accountancy services and my job role as accounting technician. being accounting technicain mean providing all the services like updating sales/purchase ledger, maintaining p/L accounts, reporting, paying VAT etc etc. doing all the jobs which comes under accounting techs category.

Kind Regards

smehmood
BANNED

Re: Is Retail business OK to get enterprenure visa(PSW 50k)

Post by smehmood » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:07 pm

Naheedsammar wrote:Thans a lot moazzam. Yes ofcourse it wont show on contracts with clint as it would only show accountancy services and my job role as accounting technician. being accounting technicain mean providing all the services like updating sales/purchase ledger, maintaining p/L accounts, reporting, paying VAT etc etc. doing all the jobs which comes under accounting techs category.

Kind Regards
Hi

this is much better idea. also i think you need ACCA membership as well. its not in top of head at the moment but i think as an accountant you need that.

Regards
Shaukat

moazzam7871

Post by moazzam7871 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:21 pm

smehmood thanks for your reply. To get ACCA membership someone need to have three year experience. For accounting technician NQF 4 you do not need to be Qualified Accountant. If you using Accountant (Qualified) NQF 6 role then you will ofcourse need to show ACCA membership etc. I do not think there is any requirement to be ACCA membership for Accounting Technician job or business. Under accounting technician role you will not be able to sign financial statements of your clients. Again please correct me if i am wrong. Thanks