ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

contract job - ILR porblem ?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

contract job - ILR porblem ?

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:56 pm

Hi,

I am on ILR in the UK. my wife and child are on spouse / ILR dependant visa (2 year visa). Their eligibility to apply for ILR is due next year but just wondering i am doing a contract job and would there be any issues with regards to salary criteria ? (the dependants are not working and they are dependant on my salary). Is there any sort of earning criteria that i should be aware of ?

Thanks

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: contract job - ILR porblem ?

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:10 pm

krssubbu wrote:Hi,

I am on ILR in the UK. my wife and child are on spouse / ILR dependant visa (2 year visa). Their eligibility to apply for ILR is due next year but just wondering i am doing a contract job and would there be any issues with regards to salary criteria ? (the dependants are not working and they are dependant on my salary). Is there any sort of earning criteria that i should be aware of ?

What is your annual income?
Thanks

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm

as a contractor take basic salary and take rest as dividends where i dont pay tax. also sorry forgot to mention that my wife is another director and she will take basic salary (8100) and rest as dividends where we dont pay tax. is this a problem ?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:27 pm

krssubbu wrote:as a contractor take basic salary and take rest as dividends where i dont pay tax. also sorry forgot to mention that my wife is another director and she will take basic salary (8100) and rest as dividends where we dont pay tax. is this a problem ?

do you pay corporation tax?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:41 pm

yes as a company we pay corporation tax and bit of NI and PAYE tax but my for my wife just pay NO NI or PAYE Tax as she is on minimum wages. But the corporation tax is not very high

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:49 pm

krssubbu wrote:yes as a company we pay corporation tax and bit of NI and PAYE tax but my for my wife just pay NO NI or PAYE Tax as she is on minimum wages. But the corporation tax is not very high

Corporation tax is fine .The requirement is to have an annual salary at 18.6K, you need to submit payslips+dividend vouchers . pls read following link for more information.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... spouse-cp/
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:53 pm

should the basic pay + dividends be equal to 18.6 k ? should this earning be from me or my wife ?

Also where on the link does it say 18.6k? i cant seem to find it ?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:56 pm

krssubbu wrote:should the basic pay + dividends be equal to 18.6 k ? should this earning be from me or my wife ?

Yes , basic pay +dividends equal or more than 18.6k . Earning from you.
Also where on the link does it say 18.6k? i cant seem to find it ?

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:29 pm

Thanks kiranchinnu. Could you please highlight where is this info on the link you provided ?

Also kiran thanks for the info but no offense just another opionion - could moderators confirm the same. The reason being is i am offerered a permanent job and i just have to decide based on this whether i need to take permanent or stay in contract ?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:46 pm

krssubbu wrote:Thanks kiranchinnu. Could you please highlight where is this info on the link you provided ?

Also kiran thanks for the info but no offense just another opionion - could moderators confirm the same. The reason being is i am offerered a permanent job and i just have to decide based on this whether i need to take permanent or stay in contract ?

here we go : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... financial/

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:20 pm

Also Kiranchinnu - I am receiving child benefits - will this be a problem ?

And it does not matter if i dont pay tax on dividends , isnt it ? (i just pay corporation tax and spilit income between myself and my wife)

Also modertators please confirm this also

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:24 pm

krssubbu wrote:Also Kiranchinnu - I am receiving child benefits - will this be a problem ?

If your recieving in your name that is not a problem.
And it does not matter if i dont pay tax on dividends , isnt it ? (i just pay corporation tax and spilit income between myself and my wife)
Corporation tax is the tax ur paying which is fine. You have to pay more tax if your personal income goes beyond 43000 PAAlso modertators please confirm this also

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:20 am

Thanks Kiranchinnu

Moderators just to be safe, can you please confirm this and any contractor has experience this ?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:26 am

krssubbu wrote:Thanks Kiranchinnu

Moderators just to be safe, can you please confirm this and any contractor has experience this ?

I myself is contractor and I have got ILR recently , read my success story at : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=121800

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:57 am

Thanks kiranchinnu once again. Just that i think i am taking minimum wages (£8100) for myself and another £8100 for my wife as my salary from my limited company and the rest as dividends.

say for example if i take £800 as dividends for myself and my wife each then how is this calculated ?

is my gross taken as £675 + £800 per month ? which equates about 18k nearly for an year for myself and the same for my wife. is this enough ? or should my expense alone be 22500k (patner + child)?

and do i have to show a year's payslip or is it just payslips enough to show £22500

just bit worried as i have a offer for permanent job and just have to decide to go for it or not by today as today is the last day to accept the offer?

Thanks

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 am

Greenie wrote: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=105679

7. The changes to the income thresholds (i.e. the minimum income of £18,600 for a couple) only apply to applications for ILR as the spouse of a a settled person. They do not apply for PBS dependents applying for ILR as PBS dependents.
Would this be relevant?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

so wpilr, just to make sure i am not confused, do i have to worry about 18.6 rule ? my wife and baby was granted a 2 year visa before 9th July 2012 ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 am

oops, I should have read your very top post (that you are a settled person).

Edit - removed the rest of text.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am

do i have to worry about 18.6 rule ?

The website says "If you already have leave on the basis of being the spouse or partner of a settled person, you need to meet the current rules when you apply for settlement on this basis, not the new rules outlined above." -

the above is my case. my wife and baby are in the UK in the spouse visa (ILR dependant visa) on 2 years. the website says to follow the current rules and not the riles outlined above. so what are the current rules ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:45 am

krssubbu wrote:do i have to worry about 18.6 rule ?

The website says "If you already have leave on the basis of being the spouse or partner of a settled person, you need to meet the current rules when you apply for settlement on this basis, not the new rules outlined above." -

the above is my case. my wife and baby are in the UK in the spouse visa (ILR dependant visa) on 2 years. the website says to follow the current rules and not the riles outlined above. so what are the current rules ?
Your wife and child would be applying as 'dependents of a Settled Person', so IMO, the new money requirement would apply. And with your child included, the amount goes up.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:23 pm

I am working thought my own limited company and i am taking minimum wages (£8100) for myself and another £8100 for my wife as my salary from my limited company and the rest as dividends.

say for example if i take £800 as dividends for myself and my wife each then how is this calculated ?

is my gross taken considered as £675 + £800 per month ? which equates about 18k nearly for an year for myself and the same for my wife. is this enough (intotal 36 k) ? or should my take home alone be 22500k (patner + child)?

and do i have to show a year's payslip or is it just payslips enough to show payslips covering £22,500 (like any 6 months payslip? - think we can show 12 out of last 15 months if i am correct?)

just bit worried as i have a offer for permanent job and just have to decide to go for it or not by today as today is the last day to accept the offer?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:41 pm

Working through the form you are going to use will probably answer those questions.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:20 pm

wpilr, i dont have the form- if could you please lead me in the correct direction as where the form is or perhaps let me know if the combined income is fine, it will be great beacuse i have another permanent offer available until next 4 hours to take up !!

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:06 pm

any thoughts please ?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:10 pm

krssubbu wrote:wpilr, i dont have the form- if could you please lead me in the correct direction as where the form is or perhaps let me know if the combined income is fine, it will be great beacuse i have another permanent offer available until next 4 hours to take up !!
Link for application and guidance.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ment/setm1