ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

questions re. HSMP requirements - thank you for your help!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Marichka
Newly Registered

questions re. HSMP requirements - thank you for your help!

Post by Marichka » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:09 am

I have a couple of questions re. HSMP requirements, it would be great to get your advice:

- I have two Master's degrees. Is it ok to submit both? (I don't hope to get any more points, just want to make sure it won't be "confusing" or smth)

- I have been working only for 6 months (was student before then) - my salary for this period is still high enough to get the points I need. Is it ok if my wage slips etc are only for 6 months?

- Is CPE (Cambridge Proficiency Exam) equivalent to IELTS? If yes- does is still have to be taken within the past 2 years?

- Once I applied for HSMP, and if I find an employer while my application is pending, can my employer apply for a work permit or would it be illegal? Or would it be simply more convenient to wait until my HSMP application is processed?

And one last question: if you get the number of points required - for what reasons can you get a refusal? (other then the HO disputing the evidence you submitted)

Thank you! Your help is truly appreciated!