ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Over 90 days outside UK and ILR

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fraz
United Kingdom

Over 90 days outside UK and ILR

Post by fraz » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi,

Firstly, I would greatly appreciate this forum admin and the senior members for such an excellent free immigration advice service available.

Actually, I had returned back to my country last year where I stayed for about 110 days (more than 90 days), which I know have effect on ILR application. I overstayed because I fell very sick and my doctor advised me to not travel. I have letter from my MBBS doctor which explains the reason for not allowing me to travel.

My question is would this letter be acceptable as a proof of my legible stay in back country for over 90 days.

Or I have to apply for another extension and cover that 110 days absence?

Kind Regards,

Fraz

fraz
United Kingdom

Post by fraz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi again,

Anyone please reply. Any help pls.

Thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:18 pm

CWs can exercise discretion under exceptional circumstances if you explain why you had to stay out of UK for more than 90 days with all paperwork

You could also go to NHS with all reports and prescriptions that you were given and ask them if they can give a letter that travelling was not an option given the seriousness of your illness, though am not sure if they will entertain such a request but well worth a try
Manka

fraz
United Kingdom

Post by fraz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Hi Manka10,

Thanks very much for your kind information. I will go and see NHS if they can help me. :(

Thanks.

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: Over 90 days outside UK and ILR

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:51 pm

fraz wrote:Hi,

Firstly, I would greatly appreciate this forum admin and the senior members for such an excellent free immigration advice service available.

Actually, I had returned back to my country last year where I stayed for about 110 days (more than 90 days), which I know have effect on ILR application. I overstayed because I fell very sick and my doctor advised me to not travel. I have letter from my MBBS doctor which explains the reason for not allowing me to travel.

My question is would this letter be acceptable as a proof of my legible stay in back country for over 90 days.

Or I have to apply for another extension and cover that 110 days absence?

Kind Regards,

Fraz
Post the query on Indefinite Leave Remain forum rather than Tier 1. As per the new rules(13th dec 2012) your okie with 110 days .
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

fraz
United Kingdom

Post by fraz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:55 pm

Dear kiranchinnu,

Thanks v much for your reply. This is a great news for me then. :D

Would appreciate the maximum information I can get from other seniors too.

Thanks

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:19 pm

You are allow absences up to 180 days in a year if it is in line with your purpose for being here (e.g. a secondment or holiday in line with paid annual leave).

Generally you have to substantiate any leave outside the country if it is more than 180 days in a year and they do take compassionate reasons (like illness) into account.

fraz
United Kingdom

Post by fraz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:24 pm

Dear mulderpf,

Thanks for passing your valuable information onto me.

Stya well blessed. I am very getting very hopeful now.

Regards, :P

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:37 pm

I don't see anything about your immigration background. But if you are planning to apply for ILR as a economic migrant, then I would suggest that you take a look at the information available under:

1) the ILR forum : http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewforum.php?f=44
2) FAQ for ILR: http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

fraz
United Kingdom

Post by fraz » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Dear cs95tdg,

Thanks for referring me to such an information link.

Kind regards,