ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET O query - page 21/22 - Section A4 and A5 - urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anush23

SET O query - page 21/22 - Section A4 and A5 - urgent

Post by anush23 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Hi,

Can someone please assist with below as I have an appointment soon.

I would particularly like to hear from anyone who had change or job/ more than one job in the last 12 months before the application date.

I had two jobs in the last 12 months.

I finished first job on 31st and started the 2nd job on the 15th of following month.

On page 21 section A4: will this be just one row for the last 12 months

date 1 - date 2

or should I split it as

date 1 - 31st
15th - date 2

How should I show this on page 22 section A5: again just one row or split.
On this page I think it will be split, but dont know for the previous page.

Also I am on Tier 1 General.

Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:25 pm

I would split it on both pages, as you do have a gap of a couple of weeks between the two jobs and also the earnings are from two different employers. It will make it easier for a case worker to verify your form against your previous earnings evidence as well.

[iD]

Re: SET O query - page 21/22 - Section A4 and A5 - urgent

Post by [iD] » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:25 am

anush23 wrote:Hi,

Can someone please assist with below as I have an appointment soon.

I would particularly like to hear from anyone who had change or job/ more than one job in the last 12 months before the application date.

I had two jobs in the last 12 months.

I finished first job on 31st and started the 2nd job on the 15th of following month.

On page 21 section A4: will this be just one row for the last 12 months

date 1 - date 2

or should I split it as

date 1 - 31st
15th - date 2

How should I show this on page 22 section A5: again just one row or split.
On this page I think it will be split, but dont know for the previous page.

Also I am on Tier 1 General.

Thanks
It'd be one period of 12 months.
It doesn't matter if you were unemployed for 15 days in the middle, the continuity of the 'period' can only be broken if you were away on maternity leave.
Goodluck.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:32 am

Just to make sure that what I stated previously is clear. I agree that it would be one consecutive 12 month period that the OP is claiming earnings for and that the fact that you had a gap of 15 days where you were not working has no effect on your application.

However, it will be easier for a case worker to cross check and verify your earnings stated in your form against the evidence you provide if they are stated seperately, & I believe if they are indeed from two different employers, then you will have to do this anyway.

Note that there are many applicants who use income from different sources (i.e. employers, or self-employed & employed) and the form allows you to enter those seperately, IMHO.

anush23

Post by anush23 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:58 am

Thanks for your replies.

I was thinking on the lines of having it just as one single line from date x - date y rather than x - y and y-z

This is simply because I also have a holiday in that 15 day period and this may invite unnecessary questions ?

given this fact what would you suggest - split or leave as just a 12 month period ?

The earnings are from two different sources as they were different jobs.

Looking forward to replies. Thanks

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 am

anush23 wrote:I was thinking on the lines of having it just as one single line from date x - date y rather than x - y and y-z

This is simply because I also have a holiday in that 15 day period and this may invite unnecessary questions ?
There is nothing in the rules to say that you need to claim earnings for 12 complete months. So I don't see this ever being questioned or being an issue. I.e. for example there will be people who qualify with the required previous earnings points with 6 months earnings where the earnings were made with breaks in-between. All the rule says in that they need to be within the 15 months immediately prior to your application and that they will only consider a 12 consecutive month period within those 15 months.

If you are really concerned you can include a 12 month period on page 21. But on page 22 section A5 you will need to split the two as the earnings are from two employers. You have no choice there.

It's really a non-issue, IMHO.

anush23

Post by anush23 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:51 am

Thanks again.

I am aware that I can show earnings for less than 12 months if I get enough points. I have done that before as well.

However in all previous cases I had single employment in the 12 months before the appl date.

This is the first time that I have had 2 jobs in last 12 months and with a gap in between where I have taken unpaid leave in that period.

Understand that on next page I would have to split it anyways. But that page doesnt have any dates whilst the previous page has dates.

Thanks

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:29 pm

12 months period need to be consecutive, earning doesn't. Based on that, I'd stick to a single 12 months period. Less confusion.
Goodluck.