ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application for UK born baby - Urgent - Pls Help !!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

swordfish20000

ILR application for UK born baby - Urgent - Pls Help !!!!

Post by swordfish20000 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:36 pm

HI,

i understand that we can directly apply for British Citizen for our UK born baby once I have my ILR approved. (my wife has seperate Tier1 and is not applying with me)

But as we need to travel next month - we have applied for indian passport and hence applying for ILR for baby.

PLEASE Seniors- suggest me whether I can apply for ILR for my baby , even if my wife is not applying for ILR with us.

Is there any rule which can say that HO cannot give ILR to baby unless both parents are applying at the same time.

Do they require a no objection letter from my wife or a letter from spouse confirming that she approves to the child being brought in line with you

Please advise as I have booked my appointment for 14 Jan

Thanks for your help

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: ILR application for UK born baby - Urgent - Pls Help !!!

Post by kiranchinnu » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:14 pm

swordfish20000 wrote:HI,

i understand that we can directly apply for British Citizen for our UK born baby once I have my ILR approved. (my wife has seperate Tier1 and is not applying with me)

But as we need to travel next month - we have applied for indian passport and hence applying for ILR for baby.

PLEASE Seniors- suggest me whether I can apply for ILR for my baby , even if my wife is not applying for ILR with us.

Is there any rule which can say that HO cannot give ILR to baby unless both parents are applying at the same time.

Do they require a no objection letter from my wife or a letter from spouse confirming that she approves to the child being brought in line with you

Thanks for your help
Your baby can apply ILR with you . But in general not needed.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

swordfish20000

Post by swordfish20000 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:46 pm

kiranchinnu wrote:
swordfish20000 wrote:HI,

Thanks for your help
Your baby can apply ILR with you . But in general not needed.

Thanks Kiranchinnu.....

So can I include my Baby on same SET O form as a dependant. Or is it Form SET F that i would need to fill for my baby.???

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:18 am

swordfish20000 wrote:
Thanks Kiranchinnu.....

So can I include my Baby on same SET O form as a dependant. Or is it Form SET F that i would need to fill for my baby.???
You can include your baby on your SET O form.
Make sure you send a NOC from your wife as to apply visa for your child you need a letter from your wife stating that she has no objections over your child applying for Visa/ILR

something like this would do

To whom it may concern,

I understand that my son/daughter, <kids full name>, born <kids date of birth> is applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK as a dependant of Settled person alongside my husband/wife <full name>, born <date of birth> as the main applicant.

I would like to confirm that <kids name> has my permission and I have no objections whatsoever to my son/daughter applying as a dependant of my wife/husband under this Settlement application.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me using the contact details below.

Regards

<Signature>

<Name and address>
Goodluck.

swordfish20000

Post by swordfish20000 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 pm

[iD] wrote:
swordfish20000 wrote:
Thanks Kiranchinnu.....

You can include your baby on your SET O form.
Make sure you send a NOC from your wife as to apply visa for your child you need a letter from your wife stating that she has no objections over your child applying for Visa/ILR

something like this would do

To whom it may concern,

I understand that my son/daughter, <kids full name>, born <kids date of birth> is applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK as a dependant of Settled person alongside my husband/wife <full name>, born <date of birth> as the main applicant.

I would like to confirm that <kids name> has my permission and I have no objections whatsoever to my son/daughter applying as a dependant of my wife/husband under this Settlement application.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me using the contact details below.

Regards

<Signature>

<Name and address>

Thanks a lot Sage..... for confirming the same.

I have drafted the letter - and also I have booked a PEO appointment and My wife would be with me so hope this would help as well.

One more thing - Is this requirement of NO objection letter mentioned anywhere - just to keep a safe side - I could quote it if a Caseworker does not accept my application.

Thanks for your help...

swordfish20000

Post by swordfish20000 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Gurus,

Please advise on the above.

Thanks