ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delay in response to premium Set (O) Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Al123
Newly Registered

Delay in response to premium Set (O) Application

Post by Al123 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:46 pm

Hi Everyone,
I need your advice on this urgently. I reckon there could be someone out there who have had this torture I am currently under-going. I applied for settlement(PEO-in person application) on the 31/12/2012 in one of the centres. I submitted all relevant documents and was told my application was valid but need further enquiries. I was then asked to go home, that they would get back to me within the next 24-48 hrs. Up till today-4/01/2013, I haven't heard a word from them. All my original copies including two passports are with them. I thought this was supposed to be a premium application.

Please appreciate your candid advice on what do as I have tried but failed to get anyone on their 0870 number.

Many thanks in advance
Al

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:49 pm

Occassionally, there are cases like yours (see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96401 ) where further checks are needed or at least that is what you are told.

When they say 24-48 hours, don't take it too literally. Give them a couple of weeks at least.

Until then, the best you can do is wait in anticipation.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Al123
Newly Registered

Post by Al123 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:32 am

[quote="wpilr_nov12"]Occassionally, there are cases like yours (see http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=96401 ) where further checks are needed or at least that is what you are told.

When they say 24-48 hours, don't take it too literally. Give them a couple of weeks at least.

Until then, the best you can do is wait in anticipation.[/quote]

Thanks so much. But the question remains how long can one wait. My dependent is waiting on me getting a positive result to apply and the deadline is so near. Someone asked me to write my MP....I don't know if anyone has tried that and what the response from UKBA was? Or has anyone tried any other thing else. I appreciate your advice....I am nearly at boiling point folks!

rshelar
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rshelar » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 am

Refer to the link given in above thread...it has very good guidance on how to contact mp and what to do.

Did they say what type of checks are needed ? They wont do that if the application is straightforward.

raghava_me
Newly Registered

Re: Delay in response to premium Set (O) Application

Post by raghava_me » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi,

Application submitted: 20/12/2012
Application type : Settlement application (ILR)
PEO : Cardiff
Premium application
Director of Limited company : Yes
Response received on the same day: NO

Rag

Al123
Newly Registered

Post by Al123 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:39 pm

[i][i][i][quote="raghava_me"]Hi,

[u]Premium application
[/u]Director of Limited company : Yes
[/i]
Rag[/quote]

Hi Everyone,
Thanks a million folks for your valued advise. I have finally gotten a call a few minutes ago that the ILR has been granted. That they would be sending the documents by post.
Al

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 pm

Al123 wrote:
raghava_me wrote:Hi,

Premium application
Director of Limited company : Yes

Rag

Hi Everyone,
Thanks a million folks for your valued advise. I have finally gotten a call a few minutes ago that the ILR has been granted. That they would be sending the documents by post.
Al

Congrats and Welcome to ILR Club!
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

krishp
Newly Registered

HI AL123

Post by krishp » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Did they tell you the reason or what they wanted to enquire on?
In my case,
I'm main applicant applied on November 29th 2012 from Croydon PEO and case was not decided same day, CW said they want to do an enquiry as i had spent 5 months in one stretch in India during my maternity period.
Later in December 2012 i received a letter from them to send more documents and i sent it on december 12 2012 and till now i have not heard back from them...

You are Lucky, Congrads.

Al123
Newly Registered

Re: HI AL123

Post by Al123 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:28 pm

[quote="krishp"]Did they tell you the reason or what they wanted to enquire on?
In my case,
I'm main applicant applied on November 29th 2012 from Croydon PEO and case was not decided same day, CW said they want to do an enquiry as i had spent 5 months in one stretch in India during my maternity period.
Later in December 2012 i received a letter from them to send more documents and i sent it on december 12 2012 and till now i have not heard back from them...

You are Lucky, Congrads.[/quote]

Thanks. No I didn't bother to ask them about the delay.

Cheers