ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question on Spouse Visa form

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jayjj_uk
Newly Registered

Question on Spouse Visa form

Post by jayjj_uk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:18 am

HI guys,

I must say, what great forum this is in terms of helping people complete there application forms, i have found it very helpful and would have waste a lot of cash on solicitors.

I have just completed the Visa VAF4A for my wife who is Jamaican, but i think i might have made a slight mistake, on one of the questions it asked what Nationality i am i answered British on this and the following question was do i hold currently any other nationaly to which i answered no. My situation is that at Birth i had a nationality of Jamaican however i have since taken up British Citizenship through my mother, currenlty have no travel documents for Jamaica and only use my British Passport, no current Valid Passports for Jamaica.

Will this cause an issue on her Application? or How can we go about changing this.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Question on Spouse Visa form

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:23 am

jayjj_uk wrote:I have just completed the Visa VAF4A for my wife who is Jamaican,
Hopefully not that form itself, but the on-line application at visa4uk. And hopefully you answered the questions from the perspective of your wife - all of the questions are asked directly to the applicant even when referring to the sponsor.

jayjj_uk
Newly Registered

Post by jayjj_uk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:35 am

Lucapooka thanks for your reply, yes the form was done online, forgot to mention that and yes i answered all the question as if it was my answering doing it, we did it together as i logged in to pay, this also was the sponsor question on the form that i was wondering about as it ask do Sponsor Currently Hold any other Nationality.
Do you know if not putting my Previous Nationality will be an issue, although i do not use this anymore as British Citizen is what i currenty have only.

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:40 am

Unless you renounced or automatically lost your other nationality when you became British, you are still Jamaican (as well as British) and so you must answer yes to the question that asks: Does your sponsor hold any other nationality?

jayjj_uk
Newly Registered

Post by jayjj_uk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:46 am

Thanks Lucapooka, do you know how we can edit this? does my wife need to enter this on the printed form or attach a note to the printed form once she take it in?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:55 am

If you have already submitted the on-line form, you can simply hand-write the correction, in the appropriate location on the print-out of this that she takes to the VAC.

Bear in mind there may be other instances of this same question that ask about her partner's nationality - separate question to that which asks about her sponsor (even though you are one and the same for this particular application type).

jayjj_uk
Newly Registered

Post by jayjj_uk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:14 am

Thanks Lucapooka, the other questions where the sponsors Passport and other Nationalty Valid Passport, to which i currently have no other Valid passport, so that section is correct. Think i will just alter the NO to YES with previous Jamaican expired Passport number in the section i need to alter. I could also send her my old Jamaican Passport.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:15 am

You don't need to send the passport. You only need to show your British passport and that could be a certified copy of the original.

jayjj_uk
Newly Registered

Post by jayjj_uk » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:37 am

Yes I have a Certified Copy of all my British Passport pages, i have a lot of supporting documents too thanks to this great site, so fingers crossed all will be well, was just worried about this slight mistake i made answering NO. Oh just another question, is it necessary to provide a copy of my Birth Certificate also?

Thanks for your help

SAMISPOUSAL
India

Re: Question on Spouse Visa form

Post by SAMISPOUSAL » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:24 am

[quote="jayjj_uk"]HI guys,
, currenlty have no travel documents for Jamaica and only use my British Passport, no current Valid Passports for Jamaica.

I THINK YOU MAY BE OK...

THEY ARE NOT ASKING FOR PREVIOUS NATIONALTY
THE Q IS CURRENT, SIMULTANEOUS, COEXISTING NATIONALTY.

AND in any case you dont have any Jamaican passport etc

have you checked if jamaica and brit are allowable as dual nationality ?
if the answer is no then thats another point in your favour
British man sponsoring Indian wife.Application Pune --Mumbai 18 DEC 2013 Requested further info 27 01 2014

jayjj_uk
Newly Registered

Post by jayjj_uk » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:50 am

SAMISPOUSAL, i did a search and we are allowed duel, so i think i should make the correction by hand on the form. I had first thought, as i didnt have no current travel documents for jamaica and only use British passport, that i didnt have to put Jamaica, but i will add anyway to be sure as i provided birth paper copy. I did originally interpret , the question as either 1 or the other and not both as there was a OR in the question guide notes. I also remember a British immigration lawyer saying that i should only be using one nationality and that should be british and not to state jamaican.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:15 am

Lookcapooka has given the correct advice. As you haven't renounced your Jamaican nationality to are dual national..British and Jamaican.