ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:52 pm

Your combined income should be fine as long as you've submitted 6 months payslips.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

indian12
Newly Registered

damanisshallo

Post by indian12 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:57 pm

yes we did and also submit p60

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:38 pm

yes its more than enough i submitted me and my wife 10 months pay slips
Do good and get reward

theathy
Newly Registered

Application process FLR(M)

Post by theathy » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:02 pm

22/7/12 - Application sent
01/8/12 - Confirmation letter received
21/10/12 - Return of Documents requested (due to holiday booked)
20/11/12 - Biometrics requested
26/11/12 - Biometrics submitted
29/12/12 - Documents received back & application withdrawn (9 weeks to return documents!)
30/12/12 - Very pissed off!! Application withdrawn, too late for holiday, have to pay again, now illegal :cry:

Still.Waiting

Re: Bad New Visa Refused

Post by Still.Waiting » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:06 am

findshakil wrote:Hi guys, very bad news in the bigning of the new year,

1) Applied FLRM on 6th of July,
2) Returned as invalid due to payment issue
3)Reapplied on 24th of august with proof that I had enough money in my card and also provide copy of application payment page and image of card to prove that we gave them a correct detail. and request them to deal my case under old rules as my first application was made on 6th of July and it wasn't our fault if they were failed to take money.

4) biometric letter received on 29th of November after more then 3 month

5) 2nd January got all documents with refusal (Letter dated 21st Dec).

they said my first application was invalid and I made 2nd application on 24th of august that's why they are gonna reject my application because my wife is earning £15,200 but according to the new rules it should be 18,600.

they also wrote that they can't give any information why my bank reject the payment, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ask their bank why payment didn't go through.

I am so depressed that I gave them so many proofs that I had money in my account with card image and payment page as well. it wasn't my fault but they still didn't accept it.
Sorry to hear the news. Sometimes banks can block a big transaction until you call and confirm, preferably beforehand.

Hope things work out for you!

October2012applicant
Newly Registered

Finally got my biometrics enrolled

Post by October2012applicant » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:02 pm

samestory wrote:Congratulations ID29 on your Biometric letter. You should be excited!
After ringing UKBA daily for the past month and a half, I have finally enrolled my biometrics information! So happy! At last, I feel some sort of movement with my application!

Visa type: FLR (M)
Switch from: PSW Tier 1
Application posted: 2 October 2012
Payment taken: Unknown (I submitted a bank draft)
Ack letter: Dated 21 Oct 2012 (received 25 October 2012)
Requested for Sponsor's (husband's) passport by submitting ROD form (specified that it is NOT a withdrawl of application): 24 December 2012
Biometric letter: 3 January 2013 (dated 28 December 2012)
Biometric enrolled: 4 January 2013
Sponsor's passport received: ________
Documents received: ________
BRP received: _________

findshakil
Newly Registered

Re: Bad New Visa Refused

Post by findshakil » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 am

Still.Waiting wrote:
findshakil wrote:Hi guys, very bad news in the bigning of the new year,

1) Applied FLRM on 6th of July,
2) Returned as invalid due to payment issue
3)Reapplied on 24th of august with proof that I had enough money in my card and also provide copy of application payment page and image of card to prove that we gave them a correct detail. and request them to deal my case under old rules as my first application was made on 6th of July and it wasn't our fault if they were failed to take money.

4) biometric letter received on 29th of November after more then 3 month

5) 2nd January got all documents with refusal (Letter dated 21st Dec).

they said my first application was invalid and I made 2nd application on 24th of august that's why they are gonna reject my application because my wife is earning £15,200 but according to the new rules it should be 18,600.

they also wrote that they can't give any information why my bank reject the payment, it is the responsibility of the applicant to ask their bank why payment didn't go through.

I am so depressed that I gave them so many proofs that I had money in my account with card image and payment page as well. it wasn't my fault but they still didn't accept it.
Sorry to hear the news. Sometimes banks can block a big transaction until you call and confirm, preferably beforehand.

Hope things work out for you!
I informed my bank that this transaction is expected by home office, My bank says no attempt has every been made. now I am trying to get a letter from my bank. my solicitor said we can still fight with the home office once you get a letter from your bank. they didn't give me a right of appeal because they said my current visa is still valid till 23rd of March 2013.
I am currently on Tier-4 with no right of work.

Xcape_24
Nigeria

Waiting time

Post by Xcape_24 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 pm

Hello everyone,i was in bed when my little girl brought the letter up to me,i noticed one of the letter saying if undelivered return to case flow officer sheffield,then i know straight away it was from the ukba, i was thinking it was my biomertic card or a letter saying my document are on its way,but not it was a reply to the letter my wife send them since 29 oct 2012. Below is the content of the letter.
Dear mrs........
LEAVE TO REMAIN APPLICATION : COMPLAINT
RE: MY NAME D.O.B AND NATIONALITY
Thank you for your correspondent of 29 october about the above issue.
I am sorry that you felt our service did not meet your expectations on this occation.
As requested i have reviewed your concerns throughtly and would like to apologise for the delayin considering your husbands application for leave to remain [LTR].

Mr ......... submitted his application on 18 April. We have received an exceptionally high volume of applications. This has had an impact on the proccessing times for all applications accross Tempoary Migration. Application on FLR [O] forms are considered by family casework teams. This area of the bussiness is currently handling a queue of complex cases and we are clearing these applications in date order.

We are currently considering applications where the biometric data was captured at the beggining of April. We recieved biometric enrollment details for this application on the 9 May. We will right to you with our decision as soon as possible.

I think there was a mistake in the letter cos i applied for FLR [M] Not FLR[O].SO i would give them a call and see what they say about that,and hopefully my received passport and document soon.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:09 pm

yes give them a call soon
and you will get your visa soon
Do good and get reward

CSilver
Newly Registered

July applicants

Post by CSilver » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:20 pm

Anyone think July applicants have any chance of hearing back soon? My biometrics were submitted early November and Monday will be one full year since I entered the UK to get married. I really hope I don't have another six or seven months of sitting around...

bustednotch

Post by bustednotch » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:33 pm

I'm another July applicant. Tomorrow marks my 6 months of waiting so I'm going to give them a call to see if my application has been assigned to a caseworker yet. I did my biometrics in early Sept.

I'm planning on recording the call and will update everyone if I hear anything worth noting. Hang in there folks, we will get through this!!!

Still.Waiting

UKBA response to my MP

Post by Still.Waiting » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:34 pm

Last month after almost 8 months of waiting I contacted my MP and he wrote to UKBA on 19th of Nov. Only yesterday I got a letter from my MP attached to it was a letter from Mark Harper Saying:

Thank you for your letter of 19 NOV to the Home Secretary on behalf of [me] [my address] about his application for leave to remain (LTR) as spouse of a person present and settled in the UK. Your letter has been passed to me to reply.

Mr .......... application was received on 16 April and been forwarded to the appropriate case work unit for consideration. In recent months the UKBA has received higher than anticipated numbers of applications for LTR. To address this, the UKBA has increased the number of staff to improve its productivity. Most areas of temporary migration (employment routes, student and sponsorship), will be back within service standards by the end of February 2013, but others may take slightly longer.

In order to be as fair as possible to all the UKBA is dealing with applications in order of receipt, but will expedite where there is a genuine need to do so. The UKBA will contact [me] once it has concluded the case.

My MP thought this letter was not very helpful. And I agree with him Mark Harper didnt give out any useful info!!!

Application sent: April 14th 2012
Acknowledgement: April 25th 2012
Biometrics: May 5th 2012
Requested sponsor's passport: July 10th 2012
Passport received: July 19th 2012
Contacted MP 1st time: Oct 16th 2012 (heard nothing)
Contacted MP 2nd time: Nov 19th (got a useless response from UKBA)
Documents received: still waiting
BRP received: still waiting

CSilver
Newly Registered

Post by CSilver » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:50 pm

At least they claim to have hired more staff and to be back to normal standards by February - fingers crossed this will help speed things up for all of us!

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:12 pm

hi guyz as per my understandng aswell ukba is speeding up the caes
Do good and get reward

CSilver
Newly Registered

Re: hi

Post by CSilver » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:13 pm

mrsabih wrote:hi guyz as per my understandng aswell ukba is speeding up the caes
Thank God. We have all waited too long, it is so disheartening.

monn.p
Newly Registered

Post by monn.p » Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Hi guys I submitted my application on 2nd of July and had my biometric done on the 8th of September. I rang the UKBA on the 3rd of Jan about my application and whether it has been processed or whatsoever. The woman told me that it hasn't been completed. What is this supposed to mean :S I also asked her how long would it take to process and she couldn't even give me the answer all she said was I'm going to have to wait :(((

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:26 pm

send written complaint to lunar house complaint hub then they will deffinately respond you
Do good and get reward

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:27 pm

monn.p wrote:Hi guys I submitted my application on 2nd of July and had my biometric done on the 8th of September. I rang the UKBA on the 3rd of Jan about my application and whether it has been processed or whatsoever. The woman told me that it hasn't been completed. What is this supposed to mean :S I also asked her how long would it take to process and she couldn't even give me the answer all she said was I'm going to have to wait :(((
send written complaint to lunar house complaint hub then they will give you resolution
Do good and get reward

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:28 pm

CSilver wrote:
mrsabih wrote:hi guyz as per my understandng aswell ukba is speeding up the caes
Thank God. We have all waited too long, it is so disheartening.
yes you are right
Do good and get reward

whitequeen

Post by whitequeen » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 am

mrsabih wrote:
send written complaint to lunar house complaint hub then they will give you resolution
A resolution for the complaint is not always a guarantee. I've made complaints around 20th November 2012 and they sent me an acknowledgment letter of the complaint telling me that they would respond for resolution by 18th December 2012. Up to now, I haven't heard anything again. I've called UKBA Complaints Hub 2x since the 20 day target date for an update and the guy on the line just told me no update from their system yet. So now I'm waiting past 9 months for a result of my FLR(M) and 1.5 months just for the response/resolution for my complaint! UKBA is a bunch of jokers! They don't care about the legal immigrants here and just want more money from us for them to process the application for merely an hour! :evil:

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:28 pm

whitequeen wrote:
mrsabih wrote:
A resolution for the complaint is not always a guarantee. I've made complaints around 20th November 2012 and they sent me an acknowledgment letter of the complaint telling me that they would respond for resolution by 18th December 2012. Up to now, I haven't heard anything again. I've called UKBA Complaints Hub 2x since the 20 day target date for an update and the guy on the line just told me no update from their system yet. So now I'm waiting past 9 months for a result of my FLR(M) and 1.5 months just for the response/resolution for my complaint! UKBA is a bunch of jokers! They don't care about the legal immigrants here and just want more money from us for them to process the application for merely an hour! :evil:
first of all this is unfair that they mention on the letter they will reply you by 18th and they dident reply anything..
in my case i submit my complaint and i received the letter aswell and same thing that they will reply me by 4th jan 2013 but its true i havent heard yet aswell but one thing more on the same time my mp send the complaint aswell and i received reply and to be honest i got resoloution
its a different matter but i got reply
what i suggest if you send another letter attaching copy of this letter and asking exlanation that you havent heard anything yet they might reply you

choice is yours
i will update you if i got any other reply from ukba
Do good and get reward

meemyself&I

Information at the back of biometric letter

Post by meemyself&I » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi All,

No update from my end yet since submitting biometrics.

I was reading through the biometric letter today which was sent to me and I have the following query, and I will appreciate reply from those who have recently received their biometric letters:

At the back of my letter (a four page double sided letter), I have a page with information regarding "settlement Casework - Top enquiries", which gives a whole lot of information regarding expediting application, what the current visa status is whilst application is being decided etc.

I would like to know if this is the same type of letter others have received. The reason i am asking is because, my original application was mistakenly made as a SET M instead of FLR M.

Thank you.
God's divine child

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Information at the back of biometric letter

Post by mrsabih » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:19 pm

meemyself&I wrote:Hi All,

No update from my end yet since submitting biometrics.

I was reading through the biometric letter today which was sent to me and I have the following query, and I will appreciate reply from those who have recently received their biometric letters:

At the back of my letter (a four page double sided letter), I have a page with information regarding "settlement Casework - Top enquiries", which gives a whole lot of information regarding expediting application, what the current visa status is whilst application is being decided etc.

I would like to know if this is the same type of letter others have received. The reason i am asking is because, my original application was mistakenly made as a SET M instead of FLR M.

Thank you.
hi i recently submitted my biometric on 31st december 2012
and in my bio letter there is nothing like that
in one page i have bar codes and i have to bring that letter to post office
and other two page of letter expalining some normal info
there is nothing about current status while my application is process
hope this help you
tc
Do good and get reward

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Skydrives

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:07 am

How to use Skydrive?

Skydrive for SET(O) 10 Yr Long Residence

Skydrive for FLR(M)

1. You need a Skydrive ID (Hotmail/MSN/Existing Email) Click here
2. Click Edit Workbook Menu
3. Select Edit in Excel Web App
4. Just add your details to the bottom of the table
5. Once done Click View and select Reading View.

NB: Do not insert any rows in between. The table gets sorted over night. However, if you are eager to sort the spreadsheet to analyze the data/graph, then once you've added your details to the bottom of the table, sort the sheet Ascending first by "Application Sent Date" and then by "Current Status"
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Bajan1977
Newly Registered

FLR M MAY APPLICANT

Post by Bajan1977 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi guys would like to add my timeline.
Date of Application : 24 May 2012
Date of Acknowledge: 8th June 2012
Date of Biometrics : 25th June 2012.

I have not heard anything since then, hoping to soon, as I am fed up being held hostage when UKBA keep my passport.

Good luck all.