ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success Croydon @ 27 Dec 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

uknotts
Newly Registered

ILR Success Croydon @ 27 Dec 2012

Post by uknotts » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:13 pm

Really thanks to the members here and I learned quite a lot useful and helpful knowledge for ILR application. Therefore I think it is good to share my experience here as well.

The appointment is on 27th Dec 2012, 1 dependent, my wife. I was on 5 years WP and the appointment was exactly 28th day before 5 years anniversary.

The appointment was at 8:15am and we stayed in Croydon overnight. 7:45am arriving PEO and queued outside until 8:00am. Then the security checked the appointment confirmation letter and let us get in the building. After the security check, queue for documents check. There was a minor IT problem. We waited for around 15 minutes and then they finally validate our forms by stamping it and the number ticket was given here. Then went upstairs for payment. I was using NatWest Debit Card and it was smooth without any problem. Afterwards siting in the waiting area for calling. Around 8:30am our number was called and a gentleman took application forms and passport and tried to register our application into system. Here again, the IT system seemed not working well. After 5 minutes, the system came back and our information was registered in. Around 8:45am biometric was taken, the lady was very friendly. It took 5 minute for both of us. Then we went back to waiting area for calling to meet Caseworker.

Around 8:55am, our number was called. The speaker there is not very well and quite difficult to recognize the counter number. We tried several counters and finally found our Caseworker, a very nice lady. She asked for application forms and passports first, and then asked for all documents I would like to hand in. I passed whole folder which enclosed all documents. She said we could wait in the waiting area and she would call us again when she finished the work. After 25 minutes, I was called again and she said there were your documents and the Biometric Card should arrive in 7 days. Everything was done, quickly and smoothly. The lady was really friendly and when we left, we said Bye to each other through the counter window. A big release then.

The Biometric Card was with DX Courier on 31th Dec and they tried to deliver on 2nd Jan.

The documents I submitted:
1 Passports
2 Application Form
3 Photos
4 Separate Absence Sheet
5 Employer Letter for Employment
6 Employer Letter for Absence – Business Trip and Annual Leave
7 Work Permit
8 Work Permit Visa Approval Letter
9 Payslips for last 6 Months
10 Bank Statement for 6 Months
11 P60 Forms for last 5 years
12 Police Registration Certificates
13 Life in the UK Certificates
14 Marriage Certificate for Applicant and Dependant with Translation
15 Cohabitation Documents Joint name and Sole name.

The caseworker did not take the photocopies for Marriage Certificate and cohabitation documents on my wife's sole name.

It would be really helpful for the caseworker if the documents are well organized. Original oned followed by photocopies, in different plastic pockets with 2 different color labels, and put in one big folder.

I would like to take any question if I can give a answer. Finally best wishes to the members here.

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi! UKnotts Thank you for sharing your Experience.

Heartiest Congratulations.

Thankfull if you could share the formats, of Docs. Nos. 4,5 & 6.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:28 pm

Congrat's uknotts! May I ask whether the documents you submitted were requested by the case worker? OR did you submit everything you took with you? I'm mostly interested in finding out whether the case worker asked for item 6 in your list "Employer Letter for Absence – Business Trip and Annual Leave ".

uknotts
Newly Registered

Post by uknotts » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:41 am

cs95tdg wrote:Congrat's uknotts! May I ask whether the documents you submitted were requested by the case worker? OR did you submit everything you took with you? I'm mostly interested in finding out whether the case worker asked for item 6 in your list "Employer Letter for Absence – Business Trip and Annual Leave ".
Hi, I handed in the documents where they requested in the application form guidance I think. P60s were the extra. Due to the new rules, for WP / T2 sponsored worker, you have to provide employer letter to justify your absence which is related to your employment, even annual leaves. I think you could find this in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... les/part5/ article 134SD/B.

Hope this clarifies.

uknotts
Newly Registered

Post by uknotts » Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:52 am

Kevin24 wrote:Hi! UKnotts Thank you for sharing your Experience.

Heartiest Congratulations.

Thankfull if you could share the formats, of Docs. Nos. 4,5 & 6.
Hi, Kevin24,

The absence sheet was really simple in a Excel format.
Date left the UK / Date return to the UK / Total Full Days / Purpose of the trip.

The Employment letter:

To UK Border Agency

Subject: Indefinite Leave to Remain SET(O) - Your Name

This is to confirm that YOUR NAME has been employed at XXXXX since XXXXX and currently job is XXXXXX. YOUR NAME's currently salary is XXXXX (detailed rate, hourly, annually and how many hours per week) which is above the XXXX as per SOC Code XXXXX.

YOUR NAME services are still required in the foreseeable future. Should you need further information please feel free to contact XXXXX.

Yours Sincerely

XXXXXX
HR

The letter for the absence:

To UK Border Agency

To UK Border Agency

Subject: Indefinite Leave to Remain SET(O) - Your Name

This is to confirm that YOUR NAME has been employed at XXXX since XXXX. His/Her job title is XXXXXX. As part of his/her duties, he/she had to undertake business trip abroad. I can certify the following business trip:

Detailed absence for business trip same format as absence sheet;

In addition, the following absence from the UK are part of his/her paid annual leave:

Detailed absence for annual leave same format as absence sheet;

We are fully support XXX's application and if you need further information, please contact XXXX

Yours Sincerely

XXXXXXX
Manager / Director of XXXXXX

Kevin24
Diamond Member

Post by Kevin24 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:59 am

Hi UKnotts, Thank you very much for promptly providing the format of the documents I requested,.

Trust it will help other members in this EXCELLENT FORUM, too.

Goodluck in all your future endevours.

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi,

Do they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it and i will be applying for ILR shortly?
Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....