ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kvora

Tier 2 extension

Post by kvora » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:24 pm

Dear Experts,

I am currently on Tier 2 General visa. My visa is due for renewal in May 2013. I have a driving conviction, AC20 dated January 2012 with a fine of £600 reason being failing to stop after a road traffic accident. I have been studying the new guidelines published by UKBA dated 13th December 2012. My only concern is that the pedestrian who was hurt in the accident had a fractured leg and the UKBA guidelines does include "serious injury" in its exceptions for a visa application to be rejected.

I am increasingly getting paranoid about the whole situation. Can anyone please help? I would really appreciate if one of the experts or anyone with a similar case could share their opinion/experience.

Many thanks.

Gagan1986

Post by Gagan1986 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:19 am

You are best to seek professinal advice from a solicitor on this matter.

As per my knowledge, this will affect your visa extention

kvora

Post by kvora » Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:41 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Do you or anyone on the forum know any good solicitor I can consult.

Also, I was just curious, how does UKBA know the extent of the injury to the victim. I got the PNC done, all it says "failure to stop after road traffic accident" along with the driving code AC20. Is there a database that UKBA has access to which gives further details of the accident?

Many thanks.

kvora

Post by kvora » Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi,

I went to see an Immigration solicitor today based on your advice. I was told that as long as the injury is not a life threatening injury, Tier 2 extension should not be an issue.

Also, as the victim is going to sue my insurance company for damages, does that become a civil law suit against me?

I would really appreciate if someone is able to provide some clear guidelines/advice.

Many thanks.