ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

minimum salary

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

awz1
Newly Registered

minimum salary

Post by awz1 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:58 pm

Dear all,

I would like to bring my fiance over to the UK in the future but am concerned by the new immigration laws of £18,600 minimum salary. I am currently a PhD student and I earn a studentship for the duration of the four years which exceeds this amount which is around £19,800. I was wondering as this is not exactly a job if it would be a problem? Also would there be any issues with me being a student? I could have got a higher paying job in the past but decided to pursue a PhD instead. I feel it would be very unfair for me to be discriminated against due to a choice I made in the past and prevented from bringing my fiance over. Any help would be appreciated.

Ammar